Thread: Nokia 6600i slide - turn off calendar alert and vibration by default

Nokia 6600i slide - turn off calendar alert and vibration by default

I'm quite frustrated. I've spent nearly 2 hours trying to find support/answer to how to turn off the alert sound and/or vibration to the calendar alarms.
    So far I've just found 2 solutions:

- To turn off sound then you have to record in a silent room and use that recording - quite stupid but works.

- Turn off the alarm for each each calendar item - phuuu, how laborsome...if you sync with outlook this is not an option to turn it off on each item!

Any one with any good ideas I'd be very happy.

/Lars

Re: Nokia 6600i slide - turn off calendar alert and vibration by default

Really very annoying part of 6600i slide . Even i dint found any solution for this on Google.

I think you need to waste little more time to get rid of this. Visit any nearest Nokia care and ask them. I guess they might have any idea about this.

Well, from your above 2 tips to turn off calendar alert and vibration I dont think there is any other option left to turn it off by default. Have you checked some setting in flight mode or so? Try to upgrade your firmware version and after that check back whether a support for turning this thing is included or not, other than that I am also stumped.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Well, from your above 2 tips to turn off calendar alert and vibration I dont think there is any other option left to turn it off by default. Have you checked some setting in flight mode or so? Try to upgrade your firmware version and after that check back whether a support for turning this thing is included or not, other than that I am also stumped.
    Thanks for your comments and ideas.

One thing about upgrade - I've read that some people has had problems afterwards or maybe it was just the sync software upgrade...??

Some people has had problems after upgrading if it is not done properly. Even i had faced such problem with my Nokia E63 but upgraded it once more on the same version and it fixed.

I'll suggest you to upgrade your phones firmware and i hope the calendar sound alert problem will be solved. I wonder how Nokia left so annoying feature with out and options