Thread: Dell Inspiron 700m bios password

Dell Inspiron 700m bios password

I have recently bought Dell Inspiron 700m but I am having problem with the BIOS password and set to the prompt at time of power on.
    I want to remove it but I have no idea related to it.
    System configuration of my system is
    Intel Pentium M processor 745 (1.80GHz, 2MB Cache, 400MHz FSB), Microsoft Windows XP Home, 1024 MB shared DDR SDRAM, 8 cell (65Whr) Smart Lithium Ion Battery

Re: Dell Inspiron 700m bios password

According to me the problem is not so much huge. You can solve this problem by going to your BIOS, and you have just disabled it.
    There is an option given that is related to the password prompt if you want to remove it. I hope this will help you. If you have any further problem you can ask.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Dell makes it annoying hard to reset BIOS passwords. Their official FAQ on the matter that you have to call them and confirm ownership, and then they will be able to assist you in any way.

From what I've found, there is no button or jumper to clear CMOS, but you can always try removing all power sources (AC, battery) from the laptop and then remove the coin cell battery. After a few minutes remaining fee should theoretically drain, reset the BIOS and remove password. After that reboot the system and your BIOS password will be removed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The password is encoded in a NVM memory chip on the MB, not CMOS, so switching off does not work.

There are crack sites that tell you how to burn the password from the NVM chip. It requires the use of a high voltage pulse to the NVM chip programming voltage pin and is not trivial. The alternative is to replace surface mount chip that requires skill and any special tools. If you have the good knowledge then only go for that but it will definitely remove the password.

To solve this problem you need to make repair back to the supplier. Dell is hardware protected to resist cracking. It can happen, but with considerable effort and risk. Basically - burn password chip manually clean or replace the chip with a new one. If you do not have the sufficient knowledge then you can harm your laptop, so it will be better to give this laptop to dell technician.

As far as I know pulling the coin cell batter from your dell laptop can not remove a BIOS password in any manner. The BIOS password is not stored in the non volatile memory. Hence when the machine boot again, I am sure that you will get the config error, because the BIOS is cleared but still you will be asked for the password. The best solution is to contact customer support and they can provide you the best solution for this problem.

I was also facing the same problem but now I have got rid of that: here is the solution which I have tried. I have contacted the dell. They asked me to do a transfer of the ownership. For that I have paid $50 because my laptop is out of warranty period. After that they gave me the master password for the laptop. By following this simple step you can solve your problem.

Mastermindit Guest

Easy way to get Dell HDD and bios master password
    Email your model and service tag and they email back your bios master password and or HDD password for your Dell computer. Free but donations are encouraged

I have a dell inspiron 700m service tag 6r68p71 i need the bios password please i cant use my laptop i try taking the battery that is inside and everything nothing still shows the bios password please help me