Thread: Windows Phone 7 Series Features

Windows Phone 7 Series Features

Hello friends,

According to my information Microsoft announced upcoming 'Windows Phone 7 series' Windows Mobile operating system. The latest version of Windows Mobile OS is Windows Mobile 6.5. But thing is that I want to be aware about the features of the Windows Phone 7 Series OS. I have referred many websites but didn't get proper details over this. I wonder if you are able to let me know some of the features of Windows Phone 7 Series. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Windows Phone 7 Series Features

With Windows Phone 7 Series, Microsoft takes a fundamentally different approach to phone software. Smart design begins with a new, holistic design system that informs every aspect of the phone, from its visually appealing layout and motion to its function and hardware integration. On the Start screen, dynamically updated “live tiles” show users real-time content directly, breaking the mold of static icons that serve as an intermediate step on the way to an application.

Windows 7 Phone is the next version of OS Windows developed by Phone Microsoft. It is planned between summer and Christmas of 2010. Windows 7 Series Phone was originally planned in 2009, but several reports on led Microsoft to develop Windows Mobile 6.5 as "acting version". It was during the Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona, Microsoft revealed details about Windows 7 Series Phone.

Application development on Windows 7 Phone will from Silverlight, XNA and .NET Compact Framework. The main tools used for development will Expression Blend and Visual Studio 2010. Phone Windows 7 Series will run as applications that were beforehand approved by Microsoft and will be available for download only through the Windows Marketplace.

Microsoft said that conditions "tough but fair" will be imposed on manufacturers of phones. All phones incorporating Phone Windows 7 Series will have five dedicated buttons (Start, return search (with Bing), Photograph and turn on / off). In addition, the devices must have at least one capacitive multitouch screen 4 points of 800x480 pixels, a digital compass, an FM radio receiver and an accelerometer. Manufacturers may choose to include a physical keyboard.

Unlike with Windows Mobile, Microsoft strategy to use the update procedure and functionality in Windows Phone 7 successfully. Microsoft has talked about the idea of "Delighters"; update that will be frequently rolled out over time that expand the platform in distinctive and attractive ways. This confirm the rumors from May 2009, in which a Microsoft job ad explained that the Windows Phone team wanted to progress the update progression for their mobile platform.

Every Windows Phone 7 Series phone will come with a fanatical hardware button for Bing, that providing one-click way in to search from anywhere on the phone, while a particular accomplishment of Bing search provide intent-specific outcome, delivering the most pertinent Web or local results, depending on the category of query.