Thread: Eeeepc 1005pe Atheros wireless not working

Eeeepc 1005pe Atheros wireless not working

Hello. I have Asus Eee PC 1005PE and installed BT4 Final to persist on the SDHC card. Also I am new to linux and learning the goodness that is Backtrack. The problem is that I am not able to connect the wireless. I have no idea for the same what could have been the reason. I just wonder that my if "ath_pci" is functional or not. Please do help me out. Thank you.

Re: Eeeepc 1005pe Atheros wireless not working

It would be that the Wireless is not been enabled in the BIOS. So do check out for the thing. you may then end up well for getting the issue to be sorted well. wireless is enabled in the BIOS. If you run " /etc/init.d/networking start " look out for what the ifconfig shows. I hope you may then be able to get sort of the thing well.

In order to make the thing to work out well for you it is essential that you try starting wicd, it's started in the same directory as the networking script. This will then help your wireless to get work well and hence you may then be able to gel up with it. Also it would then be able to startup under the system that you use.

I guess the issue is with the drivers that is been installed. It may be that the drivers are not appropriate and you are not able to work for it well accordingly. So do check out for the same in order to work out well for the same and it wold be beneficial for you to get access to the thing well. This is the thing that would then make issue to be sorted well for you and work out essentially well.

I have had the same problem while making the Wlan to work with the system. But then I started up working with Ubuntu and it worked fine without any issue. Ubuntu uses ath9k driver and this do help out for the Wlan to get function well under the system. So use out for Ubuntu as I have tried it out using Backtrack and it won't even get recognize under the same.

It is that Backtrack do not support well the Wlan and hence you are not able to get work with the same. So in order to sort the thing it is essential and necessary that you check out for the required thing that is the system which is compatible. Ubuntu works well with it. I have used it. So you can go for the same.

Get the drivers hat may be suited or able to cope with the system from the manufacturer. Do check out and sort the issue well for you as well. It will be a great help for you. So do check out for the thing and you will be able to sort the issue to make it work and process. So do look out and check for the thing. You will be able to process.