Thread: Configure samsung jet s 8003 phone to download gmails

Configure samsung jet s 8003 phone to download gmails

Hello everybody,

I am using samsung jet s 8003 phone. I have an email account in gmail and i can access every mail in 1 hour time of interval. It is important for me. But some time where i will not carry my laptop, it is difficult to me to check yhe mail. So i want to access my gmail over my phone. How can i do this ? Any idea. Please suggest.

Google has out Gmail Mobile, a new cell phone client application, for everyone's favorite web-based email service, Gmail. The Gmail Mobile app, which sprint on your Java-enabled phone, is a polite improvement on the previous Gmail Mobile, which just provides a stripped-down version of Gmail optimized for mobile viewing. Check this and reply.

I am also using same google client for my mobile. The features is like :
    * Up to five times faster access and use, credit to regular pre-fetching of messages
    * radically reduced clicks and scrolling to access email
    * less keystrokes for reading, composing, or searching mail
    * Attachments, as well as files and photos, viewable and automatically resized to fit the user's phone

You can also use Nimbuzz that permit you to make calls, chat online, exchange instant messages and send files from your phone for free. The application drag all your contacts together in one place, so you can exchange messages with all your associates on networks such as MSN, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber, Facebook, or MySpace. Use this share your experience.

You need to use your desktop, laptop or netbook, open http://www.google.com/mobile in your favorite Web browser. Now come across for the box with the dark-blue button that reads "Send link to my phone". If you enter your phone number, Google will send a link to your mobile device via an SMS (text) message/. Save the link in your mobile, open it and use the Gmail’s as a mail client in your mobile.

This configuration is for Samsung Phones which come up with inherent mail client, if your phone doesn’t have that try using gmail mobile app available at http://m.google.com. You need to open email client on your phone, go to “Settings–>Add new email” & configure as mentioned below:

Incoming Mail Server:
    Email/user ID: Your Gmail ID
    Password: Gmail Password
    Incoming Mail Server: imap.google.com
    Mailbox name: Gmail (you can use anyting)
    Mailbox Type: IMAP4
    Security Ports: SSL
    Port: 993 or Default in some phones

Outgoing Mail Server:
    Email/user ID: Your Gmail ID
    Password: Gmail Password
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.google.com
    Security Ports: SSL/TSL
    Port: 465 or 587 or Default in some phones

First you go up, log into Gmail / Googlemail and enable POP for your account. Click on ‘settings’ in the top right hand corner and click on the ‘Forwarding and POP’ tab. I would suggest selecting ‘Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on’. To send Mail using Gmail you require to download and install two certificates. Equifax_Secure_Certificate_Authority.cer and ThawtePremiumServerCA.cer. To install moreover send them to the phone using Bluetooth or the complete cable and S E File Manager software. For the latter, join the phone to the PC, keep it in phone mode, open File Manager and drop the file on your own on the icon and follow the on screen (phone) instructions.