Thread: GPS Status application needed

GPS Status application needed

Hello friends, I am using the Sony Ericsson YARI and the GPS Status application is needed for this particular phone. This function of this application must be that all the satellites must be shown. This includes the ones that can be disabled as well as those are currently working. I have tried searching for the same on the internet, but did not get any required results. Anyone having suitable information about the same is expected to reply.

Re: GPS Status application needed

Hello there, the GPS Status application is not available for the phones like Sony Ericsson YARI. This is a feature that was introduced in the earlier versions of the phones like Sony Ericsson W995 and so on. As the feature was an integrated part of the phone, that is a firmware, it can be provided additionally for particular phones that do not have this firmware.

Inorder to get the GPS Status application for your phone, you will have to contact the officials, that is through the official website of Sony Ericsson.

They always ask for any suggestions or feedbacks for the features that needs to be provided in the currently released phones. So, if they feel that many users are wanting the feature, then they will accept your recommendation.

So, this is the only way you can have any expectation for getting this firmware for your phone. I wish you all the best.........
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is also possible to know about the GPS Status application for the Sony Ericsson YARI. You will have to go to the authorized service center or the gallery of Sony Ericsson. You can get a direct information that if such an application or firmware is available for this phone or not. If their response is negative, then just ask them as to what can be done in this situation, that is if you need this application. I am sure that they will provide some help.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Hello friends, I am using the Sony Ericsson YARI and the GPS Status application is needed for this particular phone. This function of this application must be that all the satellites must be shown. This includes the ones that can be disabled as well as those are currently working. I have tried searching for the same on the internet, but did not get any required results. Anyone having suitable information about the same is expected to reply.
    It is very sad to say but I have not seen any application developed in JAVA or any other language, that is similar to this GPS Status application. So, it is very difficult to get one released by a third party. So, the ultimate answer is the firmware is impossible to get. Also, there are no alternatives that can perform the required functions as mentioned by you.

I have checked the internet and there are no GPS Status application for this particular phone. I suppose I will have to go to the Sony Ericsson shop and will have to ask them if such an application is available or not. Anyways, thanks for providing all your help.