Thread: Satio Video Encoding

Satio Video Encoding

Hi All,

I recently bought Sony Ericsson Satio phone. But I have some confusion about the video format supported by this mobile. I have tried to play avi file, but I am getting message saying that 'invalid format'. I have gone through various websites, but didn't get proper details about the video format supported by this Sony Ericsson Satio mobile. Your any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Satio Video Encoding

According to my information most of the mobiles support 3GP and MP4 videos. Your Sony Ericsson Satio mobile is also capable to play this 3GP and MP4 videos. So first you need to convert any video format such as avi into the mp4 or 3gp format using your computer. And then transfer this video into your mobile phone.

I don't have any idea about the video format supported by this Sony Ericsson Satio. But it is a phone with full touch screen measuring 3.5 ". Before leaving the project was named Satio. It has a slot for microSD. This is the first mobile phone to have a 12.1-megapixel camera. The purpose of the phone is reading high quality music and video, and photography.

You can not view all of the video in your mobile which are playable in your computer system. I am also having this Sony Ericsson mobile. I am able to play FLV, MP4 and 3gp video over this mobile. I have tried to play MPEG video but getting problem while playing this file. So I suggest you to use one of these video format.

With Satio you can effortlessly access all your preferred applications. Tap the screen to access your videos, podcasts and your music with this media menu of this wonderful entertainment. The touch screen user interface makes navigation truly spontaneous - whether to go through the multimedia menu, regulate the settings of your camera or listen to music.

I think you need to refer the user manual of your Sony Ericsson Satio mobile. From this user manual you will get information regarding the video format which are compatible with your mobile phone. You will also get information regarding the audio format which supported in your mobile. Hopefully this will resolve your confusion about the Satio Video Encoding.

The satio support mp4 and 3gp video format. If you trying to play video file which is in other than this format then you will get error message telling that 'Invalid Format'. To convert video in 3gp format, for that you need to install 3gp converter on your PC and then copy the 3gp file into your mobile.