Thread: P990i won't boot after CDA change and SEUS update

P990i won't boot after CDA change and SEUS update

I was using a Sony Ericsson P990i with the latest orange. Which i Reflashed with the SEUS after that i completed the Flash successfully. Finally the Phone was restarted perfectly. Then i tried running the SEUS once again on my system.

Updates were too installed successfully but the flash upload halted at 66% and the SEUS closes after 20 minutes. After which when i tried to restart my Sony Ericsson P990i phone it won't boot. Please help me

Re: P990i won't boot after CDA change and SEUS update

Reconnect you Sony ericsson P990i to SEUS with the USB. Then upgrade the firmware of your cell phone. If you get the message that your phone is having the update then click continue anyway. After this it will take some more time to reinstall the updates and this will definitely make your phone boot again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Sounds like you haven't installed the firmware properly on your system hence it would be better if you try to get it installed once again it would be better if you take help from a mobile expert. He will help you in this matter by simply installing the firmware upgrades your cell phone may start working. Hope this helps

I would suggest update forcefully, you could see if it works better. First you completely erased all your data on it, you removed the M2 and you reset the device.
    Then you connect to the update, SEUS II will tell you that you have the latest version but you can tell him to force the update.
    Once the update effected, first time you restart the P990i, you can redo a full reset of the device.

I have used this phone for over years, I have not seen anything obvious , except working normally Agile Messenger, as already stated in your first post.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the beast, I do not regret my purchase.

Having all the P-Series, it is really a significant development. Regulars may be a little confused, but hey, is this done quickly to changes.

Another Problem with my P990i when I want to update the R6, the phone tells me pointless because there is no need then it is R4 and if I install it even when ca change anything. Can someone pass me the link of the new firmware because I do not think the R6.4.9. I would be very much thankful to you.

If the update is available via SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Software, to download). But currently it is not "liberated" for your CDA. When SE will allow the CDA to 162008/55 SHIFT, you can do without the other.

It is "only" wait.

Now, why SE decided to release the SHIFT for the CDA 162007 / 3 and not for the 162008/55, well then, mystery.