Thread: MacBook Pro Superdrive Failure?

MacBook Pro Superdrive Failure?

Hi there, I am having an issue which i am unable to solve. Actually i am having the MacBook Pro is unable to recognize the CD or DVD on it. Whenever i am putting the CD or DVD it takes in and the disk is spinning but does not recognize. So is it MacBook Pro Superdrive Failure? So if possible then help me this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: MacBook Pro Superdrive Failure?

I think that the issue is with the internal connector which might got the loose connection and so it is better to take it to the Apple shop who are expertise of the macbook and fix the issue related to the same. As apple is having the solution of the same as they will unlock the same and fix the issue by making the faulty connection corrected.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The problem is seen in the MacBook pro when the battery is creating the problem in the system. It can be possible that the battery that you are using with your MacBook Pro is having the malfunction. So check for the battery first and if found faulty then replace it with the new one which might resolve your issue related to the same.

It can be also possible that your PMU is not working properly so try to reset the and the problem related to the same will be resolved. To reset then PMU follow give step that will help you for same.

• Turn the system off
    • Now disconnect the AC Adapter
    • After that remove battery.
    • Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release
    • Reinsert the Battery
    • Reconnect the AC Adapter.
    • Turn on the system

Thats it!!!!!

I am having the same issue which is not detecting my CD's or DVD's so i have looked for it on internet and come up with the solution that worked for me. And here i am posting the same. Actually whenever the problem persist in the background the iTunes are running. So i have disabled the same and then the Superdrive started detecting my CD. So do the same.

As per your suggestion i have tried this out and let me tell you that this is working for me. I have reset the PMU and the issue related to the CD which is not detecting in the Superdrive is no longer exist. So thanks a lot for helping me about this issue which i was suffering and finally sorted out with your help.

It is because of when drive is not connected properly.check the connection of the drive with mother board.once unplug and plug it properly.