Thread: How to Debrand Sony-Ericsson C905A

How to Debrand Sony-Ericsson C905A

I have Sony-Ericsson C905A mobile from a couple of years and I am fed of its usual behaviors. I want to get some extra functions from this mobile. I don't have so much money to get some new high end mobile for me. So is there anyone who can suggest me some best ways to debrand my Sony Ericsson C905A mobile phone?

Re: How to Debrand Sony-Ericsson C905A

Sure, all you have to do is debrand/flash your mobile phone firmware. But doing that can be risky as flashing your phone voids your warranty and neither the company nor the person providing you the debranding method is responsible for the consequences that you may face in the near future. So it at your own risk.

Even I have a Sony Ericsson mobile with me and I recently attempted the same operation of debranding my mobile phone which resulted me into lot of problems. So I would recommend you not to do that with my own experience. The problem I am facing is that whenever I try to start the phone I get the configuration error which is not going whatever steps I have taken. I am completely blank now. It seems I am lost.

To debrand your Sony Ericsson mobile phone, you need to download A2Uploader, A2 CDA File Generator and Sony-Ericsson Update Service. Now run A2 CDA File Generator and select your mobile phone when asked to choose your mobile. Now a file from your nearby location and generate the xml file. Now connect your mobile to the computer via USB cable and save the file in tpapresetcustom folder. Now remove the battery and run Sony-Ericsson Update Service. This will now download and install the latest firmware on your mobile phone.

I think you missed out some points. This is how you should move forward. First download the latest versions of A2Uploader, A2 CDA File Generator and Sony-Ericsson Update Service. You may require to have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 for this. Install all these software and reboot your computer. Now launch A2Uploader and select your phone connected through the USB cable. Now launch A2 CDA File Generator. Select the your model and area of location. You will now get the list of latest firmware that you may install on your phone. Select the firmware from the list and click on "Generate XML file" button. When prompted, click on yes to overwrite the existing file.

Again launch A2Uploader to transfer this file to your phone. Click on "File System tool" button and provide the phone location. Go to /tpa/present/custom folder and move your "customize_upgrade.xml" file over here. Now launch Sony-Ericsson Update Service, select your phone from the available options and provide the location. Now the Sony-Ericsson Update Service will download and install the firmware specified in your "customize_upgrade.xml" file on your mobile phone. Now restart your mobile phone and you are done!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You may receive some error messages once you have completed the process of debrand. The main reason behind that is you be missing some of the file that you may require the most. So I would suggest you to take the backup of all the data from your mobile phone before you start the process of firmware upgrade via Sony-Ericsson Update Service. One more point that I would like to bring to your notice is that you may be charged by your service provider when you download the firmware using Sony-Ericsson Update Service because this software downloads it from the Sony Ericsson website.