Thread: Dell Inspiron 1100 not charging battery - AC adapter not reconized

Dell Inspiron 1100 not charging battery - AC adapter not reconized

Hello everyone,
    I need your advice regarding the laptops and their batteries. It happens that I bought a laptop some days ago (Dell Inspiron 1100 2.4 Ghz, 256 ram and Hdd 30 GB) and right now I have a big issue with my battery. In the manual it says exactly "If the status light of the Battery is orange and blinks rapidly, it is possible that the battery is defective" and that's just what happens: the LED flashes quickly four times in Orange is the fifth time it becomes green. It is the same as the laptop works on battery or the mains. I am not able to understand the issue. Please help me soon.!!!

Re: Dell Inspiron 1100 not charging battery - AC adapter not reconized

I had the same problem with a colleague who had the same problem on his PC Dell Latitude D 510 has been solved the problem by resoldering sheet input power on the motherboard and the reel. Note that to access these components must be removed all about a half screws. This is outrageous support Dell does not even mention the problem that is on this range is generally at least 4 PCs that our company has provided us.

I think that there is some problem with your battery. You should change your battery (will have to purchase new one). The following image is the perfect battery for the Dell Inspiron 1100.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

Definitely the problem is the battery. For more information go to support.dell.com / English and there you can download the manuals for that model. This internal error code means the battery. I also I have a Dell 1100 that does the same, but mine still works, but the battery lasts no longer the same thing a few years ago. Hope that you will get some help from the official site of the Dell.

There are chances of failures of the battery by a flashing LED on the battery. Since the drivers not mention the kind of blinking, the error might be due to a battery connected "generic" or a temporary fault. I would like to suggest you to change the batteries as soon as possible from the Dell outlets.

I would recommend you to try the following steps :
    1. Remove the battery.
    2. Unplug the power cord.
    3. Press the power button for one minute.
    4. Replace battery & try booting, if OK reconnect sector for a load.

There's something new ...
    I have not done anything special but now the situation is as follows :
    A battery is now recognized by the computer.
    The gauge indicates "Charging 0%".
    The problem is that the level remains at 0% after 3 hours of charging the battery and makes it still gives no energy.
    For the other battery, no change is always "present".
    As my two PCs use the same type of battery, I tried to reverse the batteries. The problem is also reversed. So there is a battery that is not recognized and the other is recognized but remains at 0% ... and that, whatever the computer on which the batteries are.!!! Please help me.!!

Not at all this confirms that the circuit of the batteries are no longer calibrate sizing is slightly different manner make Be the computers bios (you will need to consult the instructions for details) manner or software download on the manufacturer's site for yourself! Calibration is long, six hours minimum, includes a full load, a full discharge and recharge! You just do not use the equipment so the procedure will leave the night. Otherwise you will have to show to the Hardware Service Center.