Thread: Sony Ericsson Satio & Multi-Touch Input?

Sony Ericsson Satio & Multi-Touch Input?

Hi there, I am having a query that i need to solve with your help. Actually i have bought a Sony Ericsson Satio which is having nice looks. But one thing that upset me is that i did not found the multitouch function which i can see the phone like HTC HD2 and iPhone that is comes in the same level. So if any one knows the reason behind Sony Ericsson Satio & Multi-Touch Input? then let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson Satio & Multi-Touch Input?

As per your query i come to know that you have bought the Sony Ericsson Satio and for your knowledge let me tell you that this device is using the Symbian S60 V5. And the Symbian S60 V5 phone is not having the support for the Multitouch input functionality so it is not possible for developer to make the phone enable with this feature.

Even i am having something that i need to share with you and that is that the phone which you have bought i.e. Sony Ericsson Satio is having the Resistive touchscreens which is the best feature. And you want the multitouch then let me tell you that Resistive touchscreens do not support multitouch that is why both function are not working together.

Thanks for the information that you have provided in response to the query of mine. I am having more doubt that i think can be solved here. Which is the reason behind the stop of the Multi touch is it Symbian S60 V5 or the screen of it. If possible then let me know about the proper answer for the same. Waiting for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol.fire View Post
    Thanks for the information that you have provided in response to the query of mine. I am having more doubt that i think can be solved here. Which is the reason behind the stop of the Multi touch is it Symbian S60 V5 or the screen of it. If possible then let me know about the proper answer for the same. Waiting for reply.
    Both things are actually responsible for the not working of the Multitouch functionality that you are looking for. It is Symbian S60 V5 and screen both who are stopping the multitouch input. So i hope that this much info is enough for you.

OK so i have come to know that the Resistive Touch and the Multi touch are not working together. But having one more doubt. If both of them are not working together then i think the Android which are having the resistive touchscreen can not support the multitouch if i am not wrong. Give light on this.

Yes this is true and not possible for both the things to work with the same. They wont work together even if the software is having the resistive touch screen and the device is having the Multi touch and this is completely dependent on the OS of the device that it is supporting the both or not. Thats it!!!!!