Thread: SonyEricsson K800i Battery Lifetime!

SonyEricsson K800i Battery Lifetime!

Hi,
    I have recently got my brand new K800i from O2 customer in IRELAND and it assumes to have really bad battery life time if to compare with old supplied model - K750i. As I am really heavy user on such type of stuff and I know what takes off the battery lifetime but now I have charged my K800i switched off for 10 hours like it suppose to be for primarily and i have deselected maximum display contrast to 50% from 100%, switched off 3G network usage, and I had selected to use only GSM band(do not use GPRS at all).

I did not used camera or music player at all today, bluetooth and infrared was switched off entirely. I have made 10 minutes voice call today, have send 5 sms and now my battery is on on the power status of 51%. Does anyone else having the same issue with K800i ??I am getting so afraid my battery could have damaged or something going wrong with K800. Any suggestions ????

Hi rastogi,

Also you should try for updating your phone to the newest firmware with the help of SEUS and in case, if you have not did so earlier as they made some changes to back-light timing and it helps with battery life.

I also found that after a few top up charges my battery now going to last longer,

PS: Before someone indicates it, With lithium polymer there is no need to entirely discharge your battery before topping up and does not help to improve the performance and battery life as these batteries do not work in the similar method as commonly rechargeable (I don;t think, it should be a memory issues)

Simond,

I was trying to do this the passed day but the f**king SEUS detected my K800i as having latest software in it already so no update were completed ! But there is at least two software updates are ready now but SEUS would not let me to upgrade just because software recognizes my K800i with the newest software in it. There was the similar issue with K750i and I had before(still having it )I could not upgrade my phone with the newest software.

Everyone could get that my phone does not have latest software just because its: R1CB001, and I could not get in mind that why SEUS says that I have what I do not have. I have downloaded newest SEUS from SE web page after I have installed this, software connected itself to web and got an update after then still tells lies.

I read entire discussion with you and simond. So you still have R1CB001? (I was not confirm that which firmware you may be running with actually. You only just getting your phone (your first post))

It does depend which country you try and upgrade from using SEUS, as the latest firmware roll out it completed at separate points of time, O2 UK only just released version R1ED001 about a week ago so I would say give it some days and just try to do the same procedure again.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

yeah , I still have that unique original first ever developed software version on my K800i... what do you want to tell me now? if I would select some other region on SEUS like as BRASIL or ITALY then it may perform an upgrade for my K800i with a latest version? or could it destroyed or affect my phone incorrect? I am asking for it just because that I am afraid to destroyed software somehow or do something to my phone incorrect (I have never committed that before). I have to select United Kingdom region just because there is no such region as IRELAND (just because everything in to ireland everything comes realy late and large price if you compare with UK. Anyway I am waiting for any more suggestion on this ...

regards!

According to my views, K800i's battery life is about the similar as my previously purchased w800i, after a couple of charges it goes slowly for better performance! With the latest firmware, it will get even better, I like so much my k800i loads more, even the speaker-sound is much good.

No way,you are joking probably...!!! I don't believe on this fact ! how do you use your phone? does the battery life lasts for you 5 to 7 days ???!!! Just such as I have described my battery was crap,you see description up in my first post, I was not glad with that, because of battery, camera had just name and xenon flash light, quality was not good than K750i 100% not if you take these two pics one from K750 and some other from K800 and see closely in to pixel quality then you can find the similar from 2MB pix cam after resizing to 3MB pix size

Just share with me, your opinion guys would you select to go for K750i with the same quality display as k800 contains or would you move on with the K800 generally, and if yes then why?!