Thread: Sony ericsson K800i games and Application folder's Problem

Sony ericsson K800i games and Application folder's Problem

Hello guys,

Anyone here can tell me something about my issues. How to resolve my issues because when I browse my Games or application folder there's an error "OPERATION FAILED". Every time, I access my games and application directory,it will appear Y_Y I am unable to open my games or my application such as opera mini, Now, I am getting so bored and I am unable to use OM to see my friendster please.. somebody help me

yeah , its also happened the same with me . I posted about 4 notes on different threads for any suggestion. It has happened to id say 5-10 user on the forums. So it is an problem particularly to the K800i.

Most have fixed it by calling their provider (generaly O2) and they have recieved replacements. There are Some users have tried to manually create two new folders called "games" and "applications" in the phone using sony ericsson's file manager. I tried it and it was failed do as . I also tried the same with the master reset and it didn't resolved the issue. There is some thinking that flashing latest firmware onto the phone will fix it, so I am waiting for SEUS to release a latest firmware. If that doesn't resolved then I will get a replacement from O2.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi all,

I am suffering with the same problem and it is going on with my K800i too! The entire applications and games are not present in the appropriate location , folder are looking empty even the pre-defined ones are gone! Any way links where can I get back those predefined ones? Some of the friends of mine said that you need to do the re-flash and then you can solve the issue as well but after all nothing happened .

"Operation Failed" error on sony K800i

I just had the similar issue and found a number of references to this in several forums. The phone's file system has been destroyed and it will required to be re-flashed. I had my sent away to Vodafone as it was just still running with the warranty period and it returned back and everything is going fine now. There is some advice for you that is very important to check and consider about this. The corruption happens when you link to a PC using USB.

"Operation Failed" is an entirely separate issue than "Application Error", but I have suffered them both on my K800 too. The "Operation Failed" error message pops up when the phone fails to start the program while "Application Error" is a issue with the program itself. In both situations, the causes can be firmware or hardware issues , and a restart or maybe a system reset may help, but for the Application error message, the issue can also be with the program itself, for example, that it was not mainly designed for the K800, or that the java version it requires is not supported with the one given by the K800.

If the programs are not getting accessed from the programs and games folders completely, that again is an entirely other problem. Unless you have tampered with the phone using the FAR manager or unplug the USB cable wrongly, there surely must be a hardware issue in the phone.

Re: Sony ericsson K800i games and Application folder's Problem

The same error is not only me but there are so many users are having the same issue but I got a fix without need of going to SESC, but dunno whether it resolve with yours.
    You need to try to pull out your SIM card from the phone and use some other card for your phone and then come to turn on your phone and then remove again then use the first one, I hope it works but note that all the files in the folder most likely gone..

I continued with your suggestion and changed the SIM, for same operator and for one other.But there is not a sufficient result for that. Full master reset did nothing helpful either. I heard a lot about this and also in this post, a re-flash through Wotan could help, or is it just a waste of time and money?

I am a bit reluctant to go to the three service center. When they were moving to resolve my erratic joystick they kept the phone for three weeks, and the only replacement they could borrow me was a lousy Nokia 6680. I will ask them if I can go to the SESC myself instead.

Help please i'm suffered the same thing i cant open game and application folder "Operation failed always pop up what should i do? wer can i upgrade the k800i software?

Quote Originally Posted by wikivhon View Post
    Help please i'm suffered the same thing i cant open game and application folder "Operation failed always pop up what should i do? wer can i upgrade the k800i software?
    I dont know why this problem is occurring but you can fix it by simply updating your device's software. You can update the same form this link. Depending on your phone model, you can use either Update Service or PC Companion, or both, to update your phone software. Install the application on your PC and connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

To update your phone you need to connect to your computer via a USB cable. The USB cable has to be compatible with your phone. The phone battery needs to be fully charged to ensure that the phone will not power down during update. Let the phone charge for approximately 2.5 hours in order to fully charge the battery.