Thread: Sony Ericsson K800i Tool Set

Sony Ericsson K800i Tool Set

Hello, I have recently bought a new K800i and i have broken its display screen just before some time. I have managed now to get another screen and planning to begin with opening up my phone. But i want to know that which tools i would be needing to open the screws of this phone. I have noticed that there are two different types of screws. I will be waiting for reply.

Re: Sony Ericsson K800i Tool Set

I guess you are a lucky person that you have got an automobile engineer as the first relying person to your query. Anyways i do not like to praise myself by my words. I have used couple of sony ericsson phones and i have even opened them, I am pretty sure that you have to use t6 screw driver and a star head to open up your K800i phone.

I guess as you have bought this phone just before some time then you must use the warranty given along with this phone. I do not think that its been more then a six months after buying this phone. Anyway but i would like to tell you that once you have opened your phone then the warranty will not be counted anymore, No matter your phone comes under warranty period.

I think if you are sure that the screen which you have got in your hand can be work with your new phone then i guess you should only use your warranty for the service charges of Sony Ericsson service center. But make sure that the screen which you are going to replace has a perfect condition to work on your phone as it might happen that you gets charged by service center just because your screen was not working.

Sony Ericsson K800i Toolkit

I have found one toolkit which has everything by using which you can easily open up your Sony Ericsson K800i phone if you really know from where to begin and where to end up.
    This toolkit will be costing you some around £14.99. This toolkit includes several types of screw drivers including the famous one torx 6. This set can be used with most of the phones and it has been used by the many mobile phone repairs training centers.

I think you should directly go the nearest electronic or a mobile store but make sure that it is bit big store to have even a small things related to the mobile phones such as mobile cases, scratch guards etc. In this kind of stores you must be getting the toolkit which you are asking for, Though it would not be specially made for the your phone;s model number but it would be working for your phone as well i think. You have to just ask for mobile phone tookit.

I am not getting it that if you have purchased this phone before some time then why are you taking the risk which can lapse your warranty. As if in future, anything goes wrong with your phone which needs a warranty to repair it in cheaper service charges then you would not be having that with your phone after you have opened even a single screw of your phone.