Thread: Samsung HT-Z520 RCHK Problem

Samsung HT-Z520 RCHK Problem

I have bought a new brand Samsung HT-Z520 home theater system and i have connected my playstation and TV to it by using HDMI cable. Actually i can hear the sound when i play radio or play any DVDs or even my ipod works with it. But there is no sound and my wireless rear speakers are also not getting connected. Where should be the problem now as my mind have gone blank after trying it for about 7 to 8 times.

Re: Samsung HT-Z520 RCHK Problem

I have the connected my ps3 with the HDTV and it works perfectly and i guess it should be working in your case as well but when i tried to connect my 5.1 sound system with between both of them as you are trying the same. Though i have never tried connecting it but since i have seen your problem, I though to try it at my home as well and came to know that it does not works, just like what you said but i guess it would not be working. Anyways i very much happy with my TV's speakers.

It would be superior not to use the HDMI connection for picture only as you must connect the fiberoptic digital output of the play station with the Onkyo receiver in order to decode the native DTS and Dolby bitstreams. But i would like yo inform you that it would not be giving you the best quality of the HDMI as it has some limitations by the S/PDIF transmission format.

I guess the thing which you are trying to do with your PS, HDTV and surround sound system possible but it totally depends on the ports available on the TV and surround system and even on the ps. I think you have to contact with the dealer who must be having some useful information to get your PS sound on your home theater system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you must upgrade your receiver so that it can support for the HDMI audio and video as well. I am using an Onkyo TX-SR605 which do not have any such problems and it allows you to connect PS3 and an additional HDMI source to the receiver and even with the couple of component video and then TV can pass all these things through a single HDMI cable.

I have found a simple solution for solving your problem but please note that it contains some simple connections settings which might be causing in your problem. This solution if for getting rid of RCHK.
    • Turn OFF the Home Theater System.
    • Pull out the wireless receiver for a couple of seconds and then put it back at its place.
    • Reset the wireless receiver (small hole on the back) using a paper clip.
    • Turn ON the Home Theater.