Thread: Samsung Pn50b650 - Pandora Widget/screen Burn-in Issues

Samsung Pn50b650 - Pandora Widget/screen Burn-in Issues

I have just got a new SAMSUNG PN50B650 TV which in fact has been imported from the Dubai. I just love this TV and it was working without any problem. Finally i have added the Pandora in my widget choices and it is beautiful. I have seen that after listening to it for bit more time, screen saver have not came yet. Shall i worry about burning the Pandora player into my screen?

Re: Samsung Pn50b650 - Pandora Widget/screen Burn-in Issues

I would like to ask you that are you using this Pandora widget with the Blu-Ray player. Actually from where you have got this pandora widget. This does not seems to be anything wrong with the TV. It would be helping us to understand your problem more clearly if you mention that which player you are using with this TV.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Let me explain you clearly what happens on my TV. Actually when use Pandora for a while then after some time the Pandora image located at the upper left was visible with light colored backgrounds. Scrolling screen have eliminated it but it take bit time to do it. I am scared that will it be affecting my TV screen as it is an expensive TV and i love it so much.

I have given you the solution by which you can get rid of screen issues if there are any. I suggest you to turn down the settings such as brightness, contrast, backlight. Actually if you use the feature more than the 5% prescribed in the manual for the viewing week. But make sure that this does not guarantee that there will not be any kind of an image retention on your TV but i guess it should reduce it at least.

As you have seen problem with the screen colors then it might happen that the pixels of screen has some faults. It happens many time that the corners of your TV screen gets dull or show some strange colors. I suggest you to directly contact with the service center of Samsung where you would be having a perfect reason because of which your TV have this problem. Or you may contact with the dealer from where you have bought this TV.

I think Pandora is a pre-loaded widget on your Samsung Pn50b650 and i think the screen saver is not an issue as it can controlled by the settings on your TV itself. You must have set something wrong regarding the screen saver because of which your TV does not show any screen saver. I have seen it in the manual that you should not use static images for more than 5% per week.

Its been less then a 80 hours on my 50" 860 and i have just downloaded the Pandora widget, I was happily listening to it but after listening about 15 songs have seen some burn in on my TV.
    I have run sweep feature to remove the stains and it have got better now. But i was unable to sort out the screen saver problem. I guess everybody is having screen saver issue with this widget.