Thread: Dell latitude 610 missing operating system

Dell latitude 610 missing operating system

I have been using the Dell latitude 610 which was running with windows 7. Last night when i was working with my laptop it suddenly crashed and it got shutdown automatically. After this when i restarted it started with a black screen with an error message which states that "missing operating system". Anyone faced this problem before please tell me how to get rid of it.

Re: Dell latitude 610 missing operating system

Sounds like your system has been corrupted and hence you are getting the black screen with the missing operating system error message. So i would suggest you to repair your system once in order to get this error solved. Simply use the system recovery cd and then on the welcome screen select Repair to start the repair.

I think that you are getting this error since your hard disk is not being detected so i would advice you to get your hard disk drive checked. If you are aware of hardware technology then you simply need to remove your hard drive disk and then connect your hard disk drive to another laptop and check whether your hard disk works with it or not. If it does not then buy another hard disk drive

It would be better if you try to start your system in the safe mode by following the steps listed below:

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
    3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.

it is Quiet possible that the boot sequence of your laptop might have changed and hence it is not booting the hard disk, That's why you need to adjust your BIOS settings accordingly. I would advice you to adjust the Bios setting by simply entering in to it and then change the first boot device to your hard drive.

You may be facing this problem because of a virus or may be beacause of some other problem. So you need to start your system in the safe mode and then download an antivirus application on your ystem and install it .
    After the installation you need to remove the virus that may be present on your system. Hope this helps.

After reading all that has been written believe I have understood the prb if you have a message saying that your operating system is missing then it is not (or poorly) then install the solution is to format again and reinstall WIN to do this and delete all partitions and recreated the then it should normally go
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It is a concern that may come after a virus or mishandling. The operating system (i.e. OS) is no longer available on your PC, it no longer exists. Basically, it is likely that you are missing information that Windows starts. So to restart your system normally you will have to reinstall the operating system once again.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain