Thread: Need help with Palm Pre phone

Need help with Palm Pre phone

I am using a Palm Pre phone. Since last few days, my applications are running very slow. I think some thing is gone wrong with the files i have loaded. So i think to reset my phone. Could you guys make me know how can i reset my Palm pre ?

Re: Need help with Palm Pre phone

Its very simple. First of all press the center circle button to to display card view. You will find the application you have running, close the unwanted applications and open Device Info. Now tap Phone Reset Options and now tap Partial Erase two times. This will restet your Palm Pre phone leaving just photos, video, and music.

If you want to wipe all data from your device than just tap Full Erase two times after Taping Phone Reset Options.

Thats it..

If your Palm pre is working slow than i would suggest you to erase all data from your device. you can hot-sync to your computer before hard reset so you can have all up to date info for your next PDA available.

Thank you guys for the tip. I'll try this steps and get back to you if any problem occurs. Hope it works for me. Thank you !!

Figured there was no sense starting a new thread since this one seems to be titled appropriately.

I have a palm pre and it activated however will not go past the activation. I try to register a profile and it tells me I have to be connected to my service providers network.

i need to know if there is a way to do a hard reset like the old phones, without being able to get into the menu, cuz at this point I cannot.

thanks

1. Press the Center button.

2. Open Device Info.

3. Tap Phone Reset Options.

4. Tap Partial Erase two times. This will erase all data except things like your photos, video, and music.

Hope this help you .
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Cannot do that because the phone just got past the activation screen, however stops at the create profile screen. will not go past so i cannot get anything else to work. I cannot even make a phone call. Was hoping there was a sequence similar to the older palms where you held the end key while putting the battery in and waiting for the first splash screen to pass and let off to get the hard reset option.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

I Dont have much knowledge in it,, but you can try using some software for this for example : http://software.palminfocenter.com/p...9&n=Soft-Reset

If you're on Sprint, I had this problem too. You actually need to call customer service. There is a button they have to press on their side that finishes activating your phone. I'm assuming you didn't buy it at the Sprint store. I bought mine at Best Buy. I was told by Sprint that they do this because it is supposed to flag a call from customer support so they can ensure you had the best experience. After they are happy, they'll turn your phone on the rest of the way.

It sucks, but its how they have it. It took me two people at Sprint to figure out what had happened, so if they give ya the run-around, keep at 'em.