Thread: X40 Thinkpad - Windows 7 video driver

X40 Thinkpad - Windows 7 video driver

Hello,
    I have a X40 Thinkpad and I am looking for windows 7 video drivers for it. I have searched on internet for this , but no success. If you guys know from where to find the video drivers or what is the configuration file then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: X40 Thinkpad - Windows 7 video driver

Hello,
    Even I do have a similar kind of a problem. I search the drivers for my X40 on IBM site but it does not find the model number. I installed other drivers but some ask me TLD problem as the graphics driver, wireless or sound ( I can not find on TLD). I would prefer to install the drivers from IBM so I'm no longer having problems. Thank you for your help, if you guys know then please post back.

Hello,
    I caught a glimpse of those searches the drivers on the IBM site for on this page is a string of drivers for the wireless, in fact I would have to:
    the sound card (not a realteck)
    the graphics card
    the wireless
    all of IBM
    I did not restore my pc px before the day yesterday and yesterday I had already installed SP3, how could I do to uninstall this SP3 that i am avoiding any need to reinstall my XP.

Hello,
    I think you have not installed you operating system properly. There should be some bugs or errors during the installation of windows. Try to uninstall the service pack 3 with a software EasyCleaner or something like that. After cleaning the operating system completely you can install a new operating system that is a fresh copy of service pack 3. Try to install the drivers now.

Hello,
    I bought a thinkpad x40 and I reinstalled xp to clean it and I can not install because the wifi in my peripheral points on sm bus controller and usb pci Ethernet network and even the basic system. I have nicer of drivers but except for the sound I have not solved the drivers for the motherboard. Any help on this is appreciated.

Hello,
    Turns out I have an IBM Thinkpad X40 notebook but I lack the drivers of the modem, wi-fi, the blootuth and sound drivers. I wanted to know if someone can help and tell me where I can get to the see whether it really goes all perfectly. My plan is to format and install Windows xp sp3 but before that would have all the drivers. For the motherboard, are also necessary drivers?

Hello,
    Here are some of the differences
    - significantly smaller and lighter
    - 1.8 "HDD
    - again only a programmable RAM-Bank (256MB or 512MB soldered fix)
    - max. 1.25 GB or 1.5 GB Ram support (depending on the fix installed RAM on the motherboard)
    - SD card reader
    - First Tablet (X40 Tablet) in the modern Thinkpads.
    - Battery is located in the back of the notebook enables the integration of larger, rear protruding battery which does not seem so disturbing.