Thread: Sanyo VPC-CG10 MP4 not playing on DVD Player

Sanyo VPC-CG10 MP4 not playing on DVD Player

I have bought this Sanyo VPC-CG10 HD before some time and it has a MP4 video output. When i have tried to play some of the Divx, AVI & MP4 files which i have downloaded from an internet. But these files are not playing on my Divx, AVI & MP4 compatible DVD players. Where should be the problem as i am not getting the from where this issue begins.

Re: Sanyo VPC-CG10 MP4 not playing on DVD Player

I have just got sanyo camcorder as my birthday present and i think i am facing bit problem while using it with the HD. Actually i want to hook up this camcorder with the HD but could not find any cable which can do this nor i have got any cable with this camcorder. Is there anybody who can help me with this.

I have found some information about your camera and i guess your camcorder creates AVC/H.264 compression files which will not be compatible on the standalone players. I think you should search for the software which can re encode those files in to player compadible divx/ xvid avi files so that you can enjoy all of your videos. Actually there are very few stand alone players which can support for the HD divx/xvid files.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would like to ask you that which type of Mp4 formats your HD can play because it might happen that the type of mp4 created by your sanyo camera would not be supported by the player on which you are trying to play those formats. I think you should use simple format converter and convert all those files of your Sanyo to the DVD compatible format but make sure that you do not convert them in to mp4. At least for some time you can manage to have bit different quality then what your camera have captured.

I have searched for the specifications of your Sanyo VPC-CG10 MP4 camera and have found that it record the videos in the standard MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4) formats. Please notice that it creates the file format which would be definitely unsupported by your player as there are several types of mp4 formats. So this could be the issue. Simple way is to convert all these files in to MPEG - 1 or 2 format so that it can be played by any of the players.

I have seen the similar kind of problem on my rhombus camera as it was not able to connect with my computer system whenever i try to connect them. But i have solved it, Actually there was some problem with the USB cable which via which i have attached this camera to my computer system. I think you should use an USB cable which sorts out the many problem while using your camera with the players or any computer system.

Mp4 formats are not much popular for playing them in a dvd player as these formats are widely used for the phones or a mp4 devices which are specially made to watch the mp4 files. You should no more worry about playing the same formats as there are huge number of converters on an internet which helps you to convert the mp4 files with its best quality. And you may even get the better quality by some of the softwares. Just try to search it on a google for "mp4 to XXXX Converter" where XXXX is the format in which you wish to convert your file.