Thread: sony handycam camcorder minidvd only read on the camcorder

sony handycam camcorder minidvd only read on the camcorder

I have used a sony handycam for the first time and i have cam across bit complicated problem. Actually i have recorded some videos using this camcorder and when i am trying to use this Camcorder CD then it is not getting read by my computer system's dvd reader/burner. I m using nero 7 and have even tried i using dvd decrypter but none of them worked for me.

Re: sony handycam camcorder minidvd only read on the camcorder

I have got a simple solution for you, First of all check that the CD which you are using is working on some other machine or not. Actually some time it happens that there could be something wrong with the DVD ROM itself where you are putting this CD. So if the DVD ROM could not read the minidvd then no software can display the content presented in it. Once your minidvd runs on other machine then i guess you should transfer the data from that particular system to your computer machine by using USB port of your machine or you may burn a normal DVD to make your collection.

I think you have burned the minidvd by using the sony camcorder then i would like to tell you that make sure that the minidvd is running properly on that camcorder. Actually you must have used some other type of minidvd which might be having problem. If the minidvd is not running in camcorder then it there would be something wrong with the dvd itself.

Here you can do some other tricky way to make your minidvd working on your computer system if there is really not any kind of problem. You can use any of the camcorder which can read the minidvd then you just have to put that minidvd in it then try to play it and you may try recording a bit more which makes sure that your dvd is fine. Then attach that camcorder with the computer by using USB cable provided with that camcorder. I guess your camcorder must be having the content of your minidvd.

Please guys, I do not have that camcorder anymore in my hands so how could i use this MiniDVD through that camcorder in to my computer system. Please try to understand the situation as i have only computer which does have thing to put this kind of DVDs in it. No other device is there which can even take this MiniDVD in it.

I have a simple solution for you, No matter if you do not have any kind of devices which can read the MiniDVDs but as you said your computer system is unable to read this dvd. I think you should directly go to the nearest photo lab studio, where you usually go for getting your passport photographs. They must be having at least one camcorder where you can try this MiniDVD. Or you may directly tell them to make an extra copy of CD.

I think you should check that is your DVD ROM can work properly or not, Have you tried using the normal CDs or DVDs to work on it. There might be the problem of DVD-R driver which could be the responsible for not working of your DVD drive. It might also happen that the driver which you have installed on your operating system would not be supporting for the MiniDVDs only. But that does seems to be happening in your case.

Therohan Guest

I've got an even simpler solution- Post this on the Sony facebook page.. Its practically like calling their customer service. It looks a toughie to me.. Can't think of another way..