Thread: No wifi connection on HP mini 100

No wifi connection on HP mini 100

Hello there, I have recently bought a HP mini 100 which is installed with Windows XP operating system on it. I have a small home network configured which has 2 desktop computers and 3 laptops connected. Linksys wireless router is used to implement the home network. The problem which I am facing is that I am not able to connect the HP mini to the router and hence cannot access Internet on the mini. So if anybody knows why there is No wifi connection on HP mini 100 then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: No wifi connection on HP mini 100

For sharing the same connection on different devices the router has to be configured properly. Hence check the configuration of the router. To check the configuration of the router, you will have to login to the router using the default IP address of the router. Login to the router and open the configuration page. Contact the ISP and get the appropriate settings for the router. Check if the router is configured properly as per the settings provided by the ISP. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then save the changes. Reboot the router and check the connectivity.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem. All the security softwares work on the principle of blocking all the unknown traffic originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this working principle sometimes the traffic desired by the user is also blocked. Hence try disabling all the security softwares installed on the computer and then check if the HP mini is able to connect to the router or not.

The network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining the network connection. If the network interface card is faulty then the system will not be able to establish or maintain the network connectivity. Check the network interface card as follows, click on start and select RUN. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check if there are any data loss. If there are any data loss, then you will have to replace the NIC as it is faulty.

You have mentioned that the HP mini is recently bought hence I would suggest that take the mini to the authorized service center of HP and get the mini checked thoroughly. All the HP products are covered with one year warranty which is valid if the device has not undergone any physical damage. Hence take the laptop to the service center and get it checked. If any of the hardware is to be replaced, it will be replaced for free. If there is any major problem, then the whole set will be replaced.

Try clearing the residual charge from the laptop and see if it is able to connect to the network. Residual charge gets stored in the laptop near the RAM chips and the display. If the voltage of the residual charge reaches threshold level then certain components of the laptop will not work properly. To clear the residual charge from the laptop, shutdown the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button of the laptop for about 30 seconds. Release the button and replace the battery. Check if the network connectivity works.