Thread: LiteOn 20x drives cannot perform Full Erase on 4x DVD+RW media?

LiteOn 20x drives cannot perform Full Erase on 4x DVD+RW media?

Hello everyone,
    Here is my problem. I have downloaded a movie in Avi format. And I converted to mpeg2 to be able to read on my DVD. But when I am trying to erase that disk on LiteOn 20x drives it is not getting fully erased. I am performing an erase operation at 4x DVD+RW media. But without success. I have burned with Nero has 16X. Hope that someone will help me to sort out my problem.

Re: LiteOn 20x drives cannot perform Full Erase on 4x DVD+RW media?

The fact that it tells you "successful burn" is not to say that your support is finalized. You can be multissession unknowingly. It should be possible to finalize a dvd already engraved (making all writing later on the same dvd impossible). For example, with Nero Vision 8, Nero included in the suite (I have Nero Burning ROM 9), just click on Tools Disk \ Finalize the disc.

Uninstall your cracked Nero (who knows what it can contain). To do this, use the Nero CleanTool Available at :
    http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php
    Then install version 7 that came with your burner (why worry LiteOn hack while providing an official?). It certainly includes Nero InfoTool utility (available in the Nero Toolkit folder). Throw it, because it will give you full information, including the model of your burner (top right corner of the window if it InfoTool Version). Can you then give us the exact model (mine is SHW-1635), and possibly the version of firmware (firmware) from the drive?

According to me, there is something wrong with your DVD. Many times such problem arise when you terminate the process of erasing abnormally. Did you ejected the DVD while erasing for the first time.?? If yes, then there is no use of trying it again. Because there is hardly any chance of getting that DVD erased. If there was no abnormal termination of the process then try to erase on another DVD-Writer by using updated applications.

Lite-On DVD can be still serious. Supporting a maximum write speed of 22X with DVD + R discs and DVD-R, these drives are available in PATA (iHAPx22) and SATA (iHASx22), LightScribe technology is in turn supported by models iHAx422 . DVD + R DL and DVD-R DL burned at 8x, DVD + RW 8x, DVD-RW and 6x DVD-RAM 12x. 2MB buffer memory are available, access times and reached 140 ms to 160 ms for CD and DVD. These drives support finally SmartErase technology to erase the data permanently and irreversibly.