Thread: CD drive only reading audio CDs after iTunes installation

CD drive only reading audio CDs after iTunes installation

I have now transferred all my music library on itunes but apparently in a compressed format (aac?) And now after installing the iTunes, I am facing problems while reading the audio CDs. My CD-Drive is reading only audio CDs after iTunes installation. Itunes can I propose to burn in a format "universal" compatible.?? Help me as soon as possible.

Re: CD drive only reading audio CDs after iTunes installation

You fell on the major flaw of itunes!!! Since it does not offer the facility to choose the format in which the music ripped from a CD will stokes, it will default to AAC. I would like to suggest you to uninstall the itunes and then download the latest version of the itunes. Many times such problems arise because of the virus that are present in your system. So, don't forget to scan your system with updated anti-virus and I am sure that there would be some bugs in your system. You can download an antivirus from HERE.

iTunes provides no resolve anything special (whatever the original format of the file: aac, mp3, wav, aiff, with or without DRM when the file is readable by iTunes), burn CDAudios fully compatible with the CDAudio standard, so read on any DVD player or car radio except the very old who do not read burned CDs. On the window that appears, confirm CDAudio (and I RECOMMENDED CDText check if it is to read an old YP who may not recognize this format particularly CDAudio). There are more than dragging a CD-R in the drive and let iTunes, which will convert the securities into the right format on the fly.

There are also chances that your player is not supporting an audio files that you are trying to play. So you need to update your players. The following are some players that you need to play the songs :
    • QUICKTIME - The application "QuickTime X" SNOW LEOPARD installed in your Applications folder is for the moment, just a bit underdeveloped and it is therefore absolutely necessary to have additional "QuickTime 7" (via the menu " Custom "during the installation phase SNOW LEOPARD)." QuickTime 7 "then install in your" Utilities ".
    • iTUNES - This "jukebox" virtual brilliant! Not only you can import files from your audio CDs to MP3, WAV, AIFF or AAC, but it also allows you to make audio CDs or MP3 CDs from your library reading.
    • WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER - This is a free software. It allows you to read files. Including WMA.

With iTunes, QuickTime, "Windows Media Player," "RealPlayer" and "OggDrop" you have there already something to be quiet to listen to most audio files on your Mac, either streaming or not. However, following are some other interesting tools that should allow you to go forward in the handling of audio files including the recording and conversion.
    • WireTap Studio - "Wiretap Studio is a software that lets you record any sound from your Mac (input or audio output). This software allows you to record any radio program transmitted on the Internet (hence the online broadcasts, radio of "iTunes" etc. ...), record the sound of a game and even record any communication by "iChat" or "Skype" or a DVD
    • AUDIO HIJACK (PRO) - This software is a tool that lets you record, as "Wiretap Studio, any sound source on your Mac. Again the recorded files as. AIFF and. AIFF. AAC or. MP3 for the Pro version.

Other programs offer similar functions, but iTunes has the advantage of four free, easy to use, compatible with Macs and PCs, and fairly widespread, because it is required to operate the iPods. Start by downloading the latest version. Once installed, simply insert an audio CD to iTunes detects it and offers to import the library. If you agree, it will automatically analyze the structure of the CD, will connect to an Internet database containing the structure of millions of CDs, and if he finds it in your album (which is where most time), it will automatically download all the information necessary for the proper identification of tracks, the album cover as a bonus if you have an Itunes Store account.