Thread: Sony DVD RW DRU-710A Won't recognize CD

Sony DVD RW DRU-710A Won't recognize CD

I have a problem with my dvd ripper SONY DRU-710A, which has driven me crazy trying to fix it. (Sorry if I'm wrong on any terms but I am not very knowledgeable on these issues). Well, what happens is that from one day to another the copying read me no more records. After updating the firmware to achieve to read and play DVDs and CDs, but for some reason the dvd virgins was not able to read. Searching the internet cases similar to mine I saw that it had to activate the DMA (that appeared off in a log which I made with nero). Try to activate the device manager, and I could not (apparently because I have a Nvidia nforce2 chipset and this often causes more problems), fortunately a few hours after investigating more, I make the IDE drivers to pass from a nforce2 the classics of Windows XP. So that the DMA could be recognized by Nero but the problem still persists, and when I go to My Computer and insert a blank DVD, not recognized, the same goes for Nero. Also checked if there were problems with nero info tool but all appeared correctly. Please help me soon.

Re: Sony DVD RW DRU-710A Won't recognize CD

The fact is that checking the report did not see anything more than the error itself, but not a trigger. I recommend you make sun couple of tests to detect the problem. First, disassemble your unit, take it to another computer and tries to read cd's and dvd's, if this works, try to make a copy of anything on a cd and a dvd, if all goes well, the problem lies in your system If something fails, the problem is in the drive. Once you've done the test, tell us what happened, and we see how to proceed.

Even I would like to recommend you to test the drive in another computer and add my opinion that also try to update the nvidia chipset drivers. The page can be found at www.nvidia.com. Since it has DVD + R 16X maximum, high-speed writing of the major DVD formats, you should also check whether it is fulfilling the minimum requirements.

Finally flash recorder with DRU710 Sony firmware, but before recording speed adjustment with omnipatcher to record at 2x. So far so good .. the issue is that in the first attempt to record I still have files that are written badly. I want to record is a series of files "split" with WinRAR 100 MB each, and a total of 4 Gb approx. Record it as follows :
    1. First create a disk image with Nero 10.
    2. Defragment the disk where the image was recorded.
    3. Restart your operating system in Safe Mode (to make the recording without so much junk in memory).
    4. Then again open Nero and burn the image to a dvd-r 8x Ridata white base (average RITEKG05 ID) at a speed of 2x.

Hope that this works for you..!!

I downloaded the update file BYS3B.rar. My question is this: When you run the program to update the firmware, I hereby echo q I have to select the option to update, but my question is if I have to also check the box for "Update Boot Code". I ask because I read that there has been someone who has been tested and 25 minutes without doing anything and wanted to make sure before doing so.

I downloaded the update file BYS3B.rar. My question is this: When you run the program to update the firmware, I hereby echo that I have to select the option to update, but my question is if I have to also check the box for "Update Boot Code". I ask because I read that there has been someone who has been tested and 25 minutes without doing anything and wanted to make sure before doing so.
    "Update Boot Code: Choose this option to flash the firmware Entire. The bootcode is Used to recover a drive (from Windows using LtnFW) That was misflashed. If There Is a misflash When you choose to update the bootcode Then the only way to recover the drive is To Use mtkflash in DOS. Some drives, like newer H / H combo drives Will Not work with mtkflash in DOS, however. This Option is Also extremely important for flashing drives LACK That a physical EEPROM chip like the second revision of the LTR-52327S and the SOHR-5238S Since this tells the Drive not unique to overwrite the calibration data of the firmware". That is, the option "Update Boot Code" is only used if you have flashed wrong before. And also says that if you use the wrong option and flashes you, you have to retrieve the device with MTKflash and not always possible .. so I personally would not use that option.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message