Thread: Is BD-RE less than 25 GB

Is BD-RE less than 25 GB

I always burn my edited movies BD-RE first so that i can check them. Last time i burned a movie which was quiet long i also calculated the bitrate in order to make it fit on it. After checking the Blu ray disk it appeared to me as it is only 22 gb which i think must be somewhere around 25 GB is it possible that BD-RE less than 25 GB. Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Is BD-RE less than 25 GB

According to my knowledge

A single-layer disc can hold 25GB.
    A dual-layer disc can hold 50GB.

To ensure that the Blu-ray Disc format is easily extendable (future-proof) it also includes support for multi-layer discs, which should allow the storage capacity to be increased to 100GB-200GB (25GB per layer) in the future simply by adding more layers to the discs.

Thanks for the reply but the reply which did not helped me at all i think that whether i have been cheated since i have purchased the blu-ray from the vendor who told me that this is a 25 GB blu-Ray disc. When i checked it i finally found that i have been cheated by the vendor please help me to sort this problem out.

As far as i know none of the electronic inventions are made perfect i mean to say that if a device seems to be of about 25 GB that does not mean that it will have a size of 25 GB. Different blu-rays from different manufacturers have different disk capacities. So i think it would be better to be happy with the disk space what you have.