Thread: Sony Vaio TX - Possible to upgrade HD to SSD?

Sony Vaio TX - Possible to upgrade HD to SSD?

Hello. I have Sony Vaio VGN-TXN19P laptop. The thing is that I want to upgrade my hard disk to SSD. I am not sure about the compatibility feature for the same. Please do help me out in order to get the things to work out possibly well for it. I hope to get a better solution for the thing. So please help me out.

Re: Sony Vaio TX - Possible to upgrade HD to SSD?

A IDE 44 pin drive would definitely help you out to get the thing work out well for the same. I would be very much compatible with the system and you maybe able to work out for the thing. The major factor depends on the operating system that you use. This may help to get the issue to work out and thus it would be very much beneficial. Do check out.

You can check out for Kingspec drive. Kingspec who make a suitable replacement but they are really helpful and the drive went in smoothly. Do go for iyt. Its worth a buy. Look out for technical specification for the system requirements that it would require. You may then be able to sort the issue and thus be able to work with the drive well. So in order to make it function try out for it.

It is very much possible to upgrade the drive to the SSD. All you need is to get a specific drive that is compatible and suitable to the system that you use. The configuration of your system should be able to match up with the specifications of the SSD drive that you purchase. I hope this may then help you to get the issue to be sorted. So do look out.

Basically its not 44 pin but you may need 50pin slot driver that will help to get the things to function.I hope this is essential and will sort the possibilities that you may no be able to sort. Look out for the connector that may support the system and hence you can easily upgrade the hard disk drive to SSD. Work out for the thing and you may get to a better conclusion.

techpeddu Guest

I have successfully managed to get a SSD into my VAIO.

The Toshiba MK8007GAH is 50 pin IDE pin drive and its getting pretty old. I only found one manufacturer - Kingspec who make a suitable replacement but they were really helpful and the drive went in smoothly.

I'm installing Windows 7 now and it's all working.

I went for the 64Gb model - KSD-CF18.1-064MJ

I have no need for large capacity as I don't do movies etc.

Interestingly, the disk access is so quick that ReadyBoost is now disabled! Boot time is a little shorter, installing new software is quicker but the loading time for acrobat reader and office is phenomenal for a laptop that is 5 years old!

This helped too:http://sdd.toshiba.com/techdocs/MK8007GAHUserGuide.pdf