Thread: MacBook Pro won't wake after sleep mode

MacBook Pro won't wake after sleep mode

I have been using Mac systems for a while now but have never faced such problems with it before. I have a Macbook Pro which is installed with Mac OS X 10.5 on it. The problem which I am facing is whenever I put the Macbook to sleep by closing the LID or from the operating system, it does not wake up again. I cant figure out if the problem is due hardware or software and hence need your help. So if anybody knows why my MacBook Pro won't wake after sleep mode then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: MacBook Pro won't wake after sleep mode

According to me the problem is with the operating system which is installed on the Macbook. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. Sometimes some files which are related to the operating system will get deleted or corrupt due to uninstallation of some applications. If such a situation occurs then the operating system will not work properly and will give rise to problems similar to yours. Try and reinstall the operating system on the Macbook and see if the problem is solved or not.

All the major functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the logic board of the computer. Correct level voltages are supplied to all the devices which are connected to the logic board hence if the logic board of the computer is not working properly then the system will not work properly. Get the Logic board of the Macbook pro checked by some technician and if the logic board is faulty then get it replaced. Replacing the logic board will solve the problem.

All the information which is required for proper booting and working of the computer is saved in the BIOS of the computer. This information is saved due to the battery which is located on the logic board. If the voltage of the battery falls below the threshold level then the system will not be able to save the information and hence wont work properly. Open the laptop and remove the battery from the logic board and check the voltage across the battery. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts then you will have to replace the battery.

Most of the problem which are faced by the MAC users are solved by doing a PRAM reset. Sometimes invalid entries get stored in the system RAM. If the system RAM gets flooded with the invalid entries then it will hamper the performance and functionality of the operating system. To bring the system back to normal working state, you will have to clear all the invalid entries from the system RAM. To clear all the invalid entries from the system RAM, you will have to perform a PRAM reset. Follow the steps below to perform a PRAM reset :-
    1. Shut down the laptop.
    2. Locate the following keys (R, P, Apple and Option)
    3. Press and hold the following keys while pressing the power button.
    4. Keep the keys pressed till three start up chimes are heard.
    5. As soon as the 3rd startup chime is heard, release the keys and let the system boot normally.
    Hopefully doing a PRAM reset will solve the problem.

All the new Macbooks which are powered by an Intel processors have their lower level functions to be controlled by the SMC. If the SMC is not working properly then the system will give problems like the one which you are facing. Reset the SMC and see if the problem is solved. To reset the SMC, shut down the computer and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the button pressed for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, release the button and replace the battery. See if the problem is solved or not.