Thread: LG BD550 Bluray player Audio delay

LG BD550 Bluray player Audio delay

Hi,
    I have a LG BD550 Bluray player. I had just received the player some time ago. I have a LCD TV which is no so old. I am facing syncing issue with the blu ray player. I have connected the player with the TV via 1.3 HDMI cable support. Right now I am using the TV speaker as audio. But when I run the movie the sound comes after some seconds of scene. This is really strange. Does the audio and video has not synced properly.

Re: LG BD550 Bluray player Audio delay

Just try to update your firmware first. If the player is new then you can once go through the player manual and checkout the settings and specification details. Once you got you can figure out the issue. This does not looks ilke a major fault. You need to read more about the audio settings here. The sync settings might be set on some delays due to which the error occurred.

I chosen to upgrade to another standard video and audio as the blu ray and hd dvd . If I go for Blu ray then my primary focus is the audio track support. The HD quality picture is really great. But as I noticed your post about the issue I tried to figure out the solution for this. There is nothing mentioned online. The most you can do is check the disc which you are using.

I too have a similar issue. I have a HD picture but very little quality of sound effect. Primary my dvd player and I have not heard a sound quality equivalent, including CD playback with consumer brands. I must have compared some products before doing this. The most I can do is try using the player on some other TV set and figure out the audio issue.

That is right. The first impressions are found on the high-flying party soundtrack is the main motive in my sense also. I have a media server setup at home where I had connected surround sound home theater system. I had not found any issue related to this. The player works well, my blu ray player does not belongs to LG but it is quiet effective.

When I have the opportunity to do a comparison between DVD and HD DVD or Blu-Ray then I will go with DVD rather than Blu-Ray. The sound part I found a big advantage to Blu-ray offering the PCM 5.1, far higher Dolby Digital Plus. It does not add much more than SD DVDs. Means you can see a regular DVD in HD support on Blu ray. For that you need to spend a bit higher money and get a HD movies.

I have a service with Warner Dolby digital Plus. I got my audio and video directly online where everything is HD. So here if you try to use a regular DVD rather than original HD DVD then you will face this issues. HD is new market and will take some time to get more use to the latest terms. Before I usually burn a disc on my PC and watch them on my DVD player. But the same disc does not give nice performance on a blu ray player.