Thread: ipod shuffle not restoring

ipod shuffle not restoring

Hello friends,
    I am having this problem from the last week. For most of the time ipod doesn't get detected in itunes. It only gets' charged when I connect it to computer, but I unable to load any song. When I tried to restore it, I get "URL not found" error message. I don't know why ipod shuffle not restoring.
    Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: ipod shuffle not restoring

From your information it seems that you are using wrong process to restore your ipod shuffle and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use right process to fix this problem. To get more information about it, go to the following link:
    How to restore iPod shuffle to factory settings
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
    4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the settings tab of the main iTunes windows.
    5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

* Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    * Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    * Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    * Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.

6. Note: For Mac users, a message will appear prompting you to enter an administrators name and password. 6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
    # 7. When the restore process is complete, the iPod set up assistant will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

You have to reset your ipod shuffle to get rid out of this problem. To reset your iPod shuffle:

1. Eject your iPod shuffle from iTunes, if connected.
    2. Remove iPod shuffle from the USB dock.
    3. Move the switch on the top of the iPod shuffle to the off position.
    Tip: When iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.
    4. Wait 5 seconds.
    5. Move the switch back to the ON position so the green strip is visible.

Try connecting to a different USB port on your computer. Make sure iPod shuffle is firmly seated in the dock. Make sure the USB connector is oriented correctly. It can be inserted only one way.

Note: Do not use the USB port on your keyboard.

Restart your computer, and make sure that you have the latest software updates installed.

Note:

* To update your Windows software, select Windows Update from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer.
    * To update your Mac OS software, select Software Update from the Apple menu.

1. To update and reinstall your iPod software, first download the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Next, open the new version of iTunes and connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. Select your iPod in the source list and click "Check for Update" under the Settings tab. iTunes will check to see if your iPod needs to be updated and perform the update for you.