Thread: Sony PS3 and cheap HDMI cables

Sony PS3 and cheap HDMI cables

Hello friends, i recently purchased the new Slim Sony Ply Station 3 gaming console. This has the 250GB inbuilt hard drive. I have the old HDMI cable and i have connected the Sony PS3 with the HDTV of mine using this HDMI cable. But the problem is that the PS3 gets disconnected itself after sometime. I am not able to get this issue at all. Can anyone help me out in resolving this PS3 issue.

Re: Sony PS3 and cheap HDMI cables

I think there is some connection issue with the slim Play station 3 gaming console and the High Definition television of yours. You have mentioned that you are using the old HDMI cable. So check that the HDMI cable you are using is working properly or not. You can check it by connecting the PS3 on some other High Definition television.

I also think there is problem with the HDMI cable you are using. So it is better to change this HDMI cable with the new and make sure that it should be compatible with the PS 3 and also the television of yours. It will be better to refer the user manual guide of the Play station 3 to see the compatible HDMI cables with the play station gaming console.

I think you should purchase the Sony HDMI cable compatible with the Sony play station 3 slim and the television. However, the HDMI cable of the Sony will be very costly as compared to some other HDMI cable available in the market. But i am very sure after changing the HDMI cable this issue will be fixed properly. Many of the people faces this kind of issue with connecting the PS 3 with their television.

Thanks a lot Trojan123, I was also having the same type of the connectivity issue with the play station 3 and the television of mine. This issue got resolved by changing the HDMI cable. I purchased the Sony HDMI cable and connected the Play station and it worked for me. Seriously, you are the master in solving the issues.