Thread: Gateway Netbook LT100U4 battery issues

Gateway Netbook LT100U4 battery issues

Hello there, I have a Gateway Netbook LT100U4 which is installed with Windows XP . The problem which I am facing is that my netbook will not charge. Whenever the laptop is connected to AC adapter, it shows that the laptop is charging but the battery does not get charged. So if anybody is facing similar Gateway Netbook LT100U4 battery issues then please share some problem.

Re: Gateway Netbook LT100U4 battery issues

Check the AC adapter which you are using to charge the Netbook as it is possible that the AC adapter is not working properly. Netbooks require a precise voltage for operation which is to be provided by the power adapter. If the power adapter is not working properly then the netbook will not work properly. Check the output voltage of AC adapter using a Digital Multimeter. Check if the value of the voltage is equal to the value which is specified on the charger. If the value is less than or more than the specified value, then you will have to change the AC adapter as it is faulty.

The charging point through which the laptop is charged is situated on the motherboard of the laptop. Hence if the motherboard is faulty then the battery will not get charged when it is connected to the AC adapter. Therefore I will suggest that you get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician and if the motherboard is found to be faulty, get it replaced. After replacing the motherboard, you will not face the same problem again.

Get the battery of the laptop checked as I think it is faulty and the main reason for the problem. The battery of the laptop can become useless after an extensive usage. All the batteries which are available have limited number of charging and discharging cycles. If this number is reached, the battery becomes useless. Therefore get the battery checked and if the charging and discharging cycles for the battery are depleted then change the battery and see if the same problem persists.

I was facing the same problem with the Gateway laptop which I was using. I tried to find the reason for the problem and finally found out that the problem which I was facing was due to outdated BIOS on the laptop. I updated the BIOS on the laptop and then tried to charge the laptop which worked hence I will suggest that you get the BIOS on the motherboard of the laptop updated and check if the problem is solved or not.

Thanks for replying to the thread really fast. I got the motherboard and the battery of the laptop checked and found out that both are working properly. So now I want to get the BIOS on the laptop updated. So I want to know how to update the BIOS on the motherboard? and from where to get the updated BIOS from? Please guide me through the step by step process of BIOS upgradation.

To get the updated BIOS for the laptop which you are using, you will have to visit the official website of the manufacturer of the laptop. Go to the support section and click on the model of the laptop which you are using. All the supported downloads will be visible. Download the latest BIOS update which is available for the model of the laptop which you are using. Once the download is completer, install the update from the command prompt.