Thread: Macbook Air gives beachball after resuming from Sleep mode

Macbook Air gives beachball after resuming from Sleep mode

I am facing this weird problem with the Macbook Air which I am using. Whenever the Macbook Air is put to sleep mode and then resumed, it continuously shows a running beach ball if I try to start any application. This happens everytime the macbook is resumed from Sleep mode. I am not able to figure out why my Macbook Air gives beachball after resuming from Sleep mode and hence need your help. The operating system on the Macbook Air is MAC OS X 10.5. So if anybody knows how to solve the problem then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Air gives beachball after resuming from Sleep mode

The operating system which is installed on the computer must not be working properly and hence you are facing such problems. There are many files which are associated to the operating system. If any of the files which is related to the operating system of the computer is corrupt or missing on the computer then the operating system will not work properly. To solve such problems, you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Insert the installation disk of the operating system on the computer and reinstall the operating system in install/archive mode. Let the procedure complete and then check if the same problem persists or not.

Check if there is any task scheduled while the computer is in idle state. Some applications when installed on the computer, schedule the process of updating when the system is in idle state. If such scheduled task is running then the system will show busy status and hence the system gives beach ball after resuming from Sleep mode. Hence check all the applications which are installed on the computer and see if there are any scheduled tasks configured or not. If there are any scheduled tasks configured, disable them and see if the same problem continues or not.

I was also facing the same problem with the Macbook Air which I was using. Whenever the Macbook Air was resumed after sleep mode, it displayed system busy icon continuously. I tried to figure out what exactly the problem was and found out that there was an application known as Filesync agent installed which tried to access the hard drive of the Macbook and hence busy icon was displayed. Therefore check if the application is installed on the computer or not. Disable the application and see if the problem is solved.

Yes there is an application named Filesync Agent installed on the computer and when I checked the system logs it showed the activity of Filesync agent. How do I disable the application? Is there any other way in which the Filesync agent can be used without any problems? What is the application used for? Please help.

File sync agent is an application which is used to sync different data with the portable devices. It helps in storing all the logs for the data which is synced with the Macbook. You can remove the application from the computer as you are not able to disable it. Removing the application will not affect the performance of the computer. For temporary termination of the file sync agent, open the activity monitor and terminate the process of the application. Terminating the process of the application will disable the problem till next reboot.