Thread: Unable to connect to internet via Samsung Corby

Unable to connect to internet via Samsung Corby

Hello friends,
    I have recently activated GPRS service on my Samsung Corby phone. Few days back i have bought this phone and also activated the gprs service, beside this i am having a laptop which has Windows Vista operating system in it. I have installed the pc suite which i got with the phone on my laptop to connect my phone and surf internet. But i am not able to connect to the internet via my phone, i get an error message stating that "PPP setting error". Please help me to solve this error..

Re: Unable to connect to internet via Samsung Corby

I think you need to check this error from the server side or the operator side which you areusing it on your phone. Just contact the customer care number of your operator and ask them about your error which you are getting. I think they should help you out with this problem, and i cansay that this ca be the service problem which you are using it from your operator's side. So if you want then you can go to the operaotors center and there just place your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you need to check out with the pc suite which you have installed on your computer. To solve this problem, i would like to suggest you to un-install the pc suite and then install it with the correct settings which is useful for your phone. Then for the connection wizard just connect your phone with the data cable and choose the appropriate options on your computer. And then connect your phone and try to surf internet through your computer's default browser.

If the problem doesn't solve then you can also contact the operator and ask them to provide you the proper settings for your computer and also for your phone. They will provide you the settings and also ask them to check out if there is any problem with the serivice of gprs. And then you can try to connect to the internet. I think the problem should be solved and you can enjoy internet on your computer via your phone.

The problem which you are facing is due to the connection problem between your computer and your phone. So i think you need to reset the connection between them and then try to connect to the internet. And if the problem doesn't go then i think you need to check for the gprs service is suitable or not. There are most of the time when the service is not proper and you cannot connect to the internet. So it would be great if your confirm it with the operator.

You can also do one thing go on the official website of Samsung and from there you need to check out for the update of the samsung pc suite and if it is present then you need to have it on your computer and then try to connect your phone to the computer without any error. Also you need to have the proper gprs settings on your phone, if you don't have then you can ask the operator to provide and then connect to the computer and try to browse internet.

to connect internet via mobile what was mobile settings

Quote Originally Posted by shaikasifahmed View Post
    to connect internet via mobile what was mobile settings
    I dont think that you required any additional setting to use internet on PC via your mobile. Yeah, you need different plan i guess. Because am a Vodafone user and to use internet on PC i require a different plan called "Mobile Connect" rather than normal GPRS. You need to ask your network provider for help in this case.