Thread: Dell inspiron b130 booting issue

Dell inspiron b130 booting issue

Hello there, I am facing some issues with my Dell inspiron B130 laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. Sometimes when I press the power button, the laptop does not boot. All the LED's on the laptop glow but the laptop does not boot. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Therefore if anybody else is facing Dell inspiron b130 booting issue then please share some information about the same. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell inspiron b130 booting issue

Most of the laptops face the problem with residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the residual charge crosses the threshold level then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If such a situation occurs then the system will not boot. Hence to bring back the laptop to working state, you will have to clear the residual charge. To clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button and replace the battery. See if the laptop boots.

All the functions of the laptops are controlled by the motherboard of the computer. Motherboard is responsible for providing correct voltages to all the components which are connected to the laptop. Therefore if the motherboard is faulty, the laptop will not boot. Hence I will suggest that you get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard of the laptop is faulty then get it replaced. Getting the motherboard of the laptop replaced, will solve the problem.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I cleared the residual charge on the laptop and booted the laptop which worked fine. The laptop was working properly but now I disabled the screen of the laptop accidentally. I was changing some preferences on the laptop from the control panel and disabled the screen. Now when the laptop starts, only blank screen is visible. How to revert this action? Please help.

I am glad that the solution worked for you. As you have disabled the display of laptop from the control panel, you can connect an external monitor to the laptop and then boot the laptop. You will be able to see the display of the laptop on the external monitor. Once the display is visible, you can go to control panel and revert the settings.

You can also activate the screen of the laptop again by pressing certain keys on the laptop. All the laptops have the facility of turning the screen on and off using different keys on the laptop. Refer the user manual and get the combination of the keys for the model of the laptop which you are using. Usually you can activate the screen of the laptop by pressing Fn+F8 button. Try and press these buttons while booting the laptop and see if the screen turns on.