Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-04-2010

Inspiron 8100 Shuts Off Loading Windows, Stays On In Bios

I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 8100 which has a Pentium III 1.3 MHz. I have installed windows xp pro on this laptop which was initially windows 2000. It was working perfectly with the windows xp but just before two days it has started shutting off and i have not found any reason for what it does like that.
Old 27-04-2010

Re: Inspiron 8100 Shuts Off Loading Windows, Stays On In Bios

Most common reason behind any operating system to shut off automatically is an unsupported drivers. There must be something wrong with the drivers of your windows xp operating system which will not be supporting for your windows to boot up properly. You should use Windows XP bootable cd which will automatically install the drivers of your windows xp pro.
Old 27-04-2010

Overheating could be another reason which can shut off your computer immediately without giving you any information about its shutting off. Overheating can cause because of slow speed of fan or a bunch of dust which might stopping heat to come out of your laptop.
I have seen this kind of issues many time as heatsink used to be having lots of dust and after cleaning which my computer started running faster without any problem. Reason behind this is only a temperature of your computer system.
Old 27-04-2010

Even a single virus can harm your computer so much that it could become of no use after some time. I think there would some virus on your hard disk which has infected your windows operating system and hence some of the windows system files have infected by the viruses, Those files fails to run properly and your windows xp does not gets proper support resulting in an abnormal behavior of your laptop. If you can at least log in to your laptop then i suggest you to use any of the anti virus software to clean up the viruses on your computer and make sure that if you find anything infected in the windows system folder then first try to repair it and if it does not gets repaired then you have to reinstall your windows xp pro.
Old 27-04-2010

I am having the HP laptop at my home and i have installed windows vista on this laptop.
I have seen this kind of issues on my laptop may times and most of the time i have found that it happens because of the RAM which should be continuously supporting for your windows to continuously work without any slow performance or any other interruptions. You just have to remove one of the memory from the one slot and then try to boot up your windows, If it does not helps you then try to do the same but use the second slot of RAM.
My laptop have started at the max on second RAM issue. Still if does not gets started then you must reinstall the whole version on windows operating system on your laptop.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,