Thread: Dell XPS 400 Lockup

Dell XPS 400 Lockup

Its been 4 years that i am using this Dell XPS 400 and i have installed windows vista. Just before some time i had gone through some programs and removed some of them including the oldest version of Java. Whenever i start up my computer and then log on, It takes much more time then it used to be. And then it just locks up as it does not response at all. What could be the reason?

Re: Dell XPS 400 Lockup

It seems like that your windows vista operating system have lost some of its system files which would be needed to start up your windows operating system normally. But as there would be some missing files, It could not start your computer. All you can do here is to reinstall the windows vista.

There could be something wrong with the place for outgoing of heat from your laptop's case. Actually if there would not be proper connection of your fan with the heatsink then it emits some of the heat inside your laptop only which makes it much heated which lasts in unwanted behaviors of laptop which you are currently facing here.

This could be the RAM issue as you start up your laptop and it gets start but when it comes to take a bit of load then your laptop goes blank. You must check that the RAM of your computer is in a proper condition or not to bear up the load of your computer system or not. You can do one thing, open up your computer and do some cleaning process of your laptop parts as there would be much dust in it.

There could be any kind of virus which might be affecting your laptop's startup process. You should reinstall the version of windows operating system which must not be infected by the viruses. As you are not able to log on in your computer you would not be able to remove the viruses by using an anti virus software.

If your laptop is getting locked at the same position everytime then i think you have restore the factory settings of your windows vista and i have given you the simple steps by which you can do it much more easily.
    1. Boot up the computer and press CTRL + F11 after Dell screen appears.
    2. Choose the Restore option to resetting the factory settings and follow instructions.