Thread: Browsing Problem on MACBOOK

Browsing Problem on MACBOOK

I have a problem with Safari. I have a mac book Mac OS X version 10.5.7. Indeed, Safari crashes and off and I am obliged to go to Apple "forced to quit". I sent several reports to Apple but no response. Since I'm a beginner could you help me solve the problem HELP !!!!! Thank you in Advance.

Re: Browsing Problem on MACBOOK

Moving to Mac Safari 4 may pose some problems :
    1. If you use plugins for Safari, be sure to check that each of these plugins are compatible with this new version from the publisher site and download to your desktop the latest version of the plugin. Think about that BEFORE you install Safari 4: I did not do, and then not start Safari crashing every time I have gone through Firefox to retrieve the new version of Glimpse.
    2. If a plugin is not compatible with Safari 4, or just wait before migrating, or uninstall it: it's silly to say, but at least things are clear.
    3. Remember that this beta is currently available in English.
    4. For the moment it seems that GMail offline is not compatible with the new version of Safari you have to wait a probable update of Google Gears for this to work again.

Otherwise, if you do not like the principle of the tabs above the address bar and you want as it was before because it was better before, then 1) you get old and 2) it suffices type the following command in a Terminal window :
    defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4TabBarIsOnTop -bool NO

Safari 4 requires Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) or Leopard (10.5) to work. So I guess being still under Mac OS X Panther (10.3) explains the problems you encounter. I also believe that it was already for the previous version of Safari, Safari 3 I. So to use Safari 3 or 4 he will have to first go through an update of your pre OSX.

The change of version of Mac OSX is paying: you have to buy the DVD proper, it is not available for download. By cons, think to check first if the new version of the OS is compatible with the architecture of your Mac (Intel or PowerPC). Try being open Safari: Safari menu / Empty Cache. Remember to repair permissions (permissions) for this: Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility / Select Disk (HD) and click on SOS repair.

If you think that your Safari crashes very frequently, then try to repair an operating system. Follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. Insert the CD / DVD installation.
    2. Restart in pressing down the C key.
    3. Having selected the language, it does not move.
    4. Find from the menu bar (top of the screen) Disk Utility to repair.