Thread: MacBook turns itself on when plugged in

MacBook turns itself on when plugged in

A very weird problem has struck my system, that I have bought recently. The situation is that MacBook turns itself on when plugged in. I am not able to understand is this any problem of a setting or any such stuff. It simply starts itself, just when I want to charge the battery. It happens even if I do not open the laptop. I am quite sure that this is not a genuine problem. Something is wrong somewhere and I need some suggestions on how to eradicate the same.

Re: MacBook turns itself on when plugged in

If this problem of MacBook turns itself on when plugged in is being caused in a brand new laptop, then you can simply exchange it for one that does not have such issues. Why should you have to find the solutions for a laptop that you have recently bought. Just mention the issues that you are facing and I am sure that you can get a new one, that does not have such problems.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

There is no need to worry if MacBook turns itself on when plugged in. This is happening simply because of an option in the Energy Saver. There, a check box is given, that is under the Other Options category. It says that Restart Automatically after a Power Failure. This particular option may be checked, that is causing the issue. Simply uncheck the option to solve the issue.

It seems that there is a problem with the battery of the laptop that is causing the MacBook turns itself on when plugged in. So, you will have to get a new battery for your system and then, check out if the problem is still persisting or not. If the problem still exists, then you must contact the Apple store and mention to them the issues that you are facing. This is because you may be still having the guarantee.

Hello there, I had a similar issue that the MacBook turns itself on when plugged in. The above mentioned solution, that is the one with the energy saver helped me to solve the problem. So, I suggest the same solution, as I have experienced that the problem is solved and hence, I can assure you that this is the best way to fix the issue. Even if you call the engineer, he will do the same.