Thread: iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating

iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating

I am facing a weird problem that the iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating. I have bought this computer recently and it has a Core2Duo processor with 2 GB RAM. I am running the basic softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Crystal Report and so on because I am student and I require the same for my academic use. The situation is that the entire system gets heated upto 80 degree Celsius and I am very much worried about the same. I need some products that will help me to lower the temperature of my system. All possible replies and suggestions on this topic are very much appreciated.

Re: iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating

According to me, the iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating because your system does not have enough RAM to run all these softwares. This is causing the computer to overload and which is ultimately resulting in heating up. Inorder to solve this situation, just shut down the system, when you feel that the system is heated up very much. Then start the fan for a while. After that restart the system and continue with your work again.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Keeping the air conditioner on all the time, atleast when you are working with your computer will help you resolve the iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating issue to a great extent. I am not aware of any programs that will help you to lower the system temperature. Remember that keeping the heated system on for long time can destroy your computer, so turning it off will help you to protect the system.

Hello there,
    I was facing the same problem of the iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating and I found a program to get rid of the situation. You can get a problem called smcFanControl. So, when the system is hating up, the particular program has to be started. This will lower the temperature to a great extent.
    All the best....!!!!

If the iMac 20" Aluminum iMac is overheating, then you will have to contact the officials, that is the people at the Apple store. They will be able to know why this is happening. Thus, they can also provide you with the correct solutions or products that can be used to eradicate this situation. Just dont try out any techniques of your own because you can cause more problems in your system.