Thread: MacBook Pro Problem upgrading hard drive

MacBook Pro Problem upgrading hard drive

I have almost two year old Apple MacBook Pro and it is having the 120GB hard drive. Now according to the data i have, It is insufficient. So i purchased the new 500GB hard drive for MacBook Pro. But i dont know how to upgrade the hard drive in the Apple MacBook Pro. I have problem in upgrading MacBook Pro hard drive. So can anyone provide me the procedure for the same.
    Thank you...

Re: MacBook Pro Problem upgrading hard drive

I dont think so you should have any difficulty in upgrading the hard drive of your Apple MacBook pro. You just have to open the hard drive compartment of your MacBook Pro, Remove the old hard drive and attach the new one properly. Again close the hard drive compartment properly. But make sure that before doing this you should know the procedure for connecting and removing the hard drive properly.

According to me you should not do this hard drive upgrading task of the Apple MacBook pro by yourself. I think it is better to contact the Apple service center for changing or upgrading the hard drive of your Apple MacBook Pro from the 120GB to 500GB. So contact them as soon as possible. Because it is very complicated work as far as any laptops are concerned.

First of all i want to know that the 500GB hard drive you are trying to attach to the Apple MacBook pro has the operating system installed in or not. Because as you said you will replace the old hard drive with this one. So after attaching it you will have to install the MAC OS again on the new hard drive of the Apple MacBook Pro.

For replacing the old 120GB hard drive of the Apple MacBook Pro of your with the new 500GB hard drive, You should contact to Apple service center. I is the best you can do. But in case there is no Apple store near by your place then you can check out the procedure given in the MacBook pro manual or search on the internet for doing the same and carry out this task properly.