Thread: DV9000 Laptops with Nvidia card/mothe​rboard fail

DV9000 Laptops with Nvidia card/mothe​rboard fail

Hello I own a laptop which comes from time to time and (often) does not start (black screen with a long beep and two short). I have tried to do many things but the screen is not coming proper. Sometimes it starts properly and then again the black screen comes. Is there any issue with the DV9000 Laptops with Nvidia card/mothe​rboard fail..?? Because my cousin having the same model laptop is was facing similar issue some months back. He decided to replace the laptop, since it was in warranty. But unluckily mine is not... So please provide some solution for it.
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: DV9000 Laptops with Nvidia card/mothe​rboard fail

After many efforts, I finally managed to fix my computer. This problem is actually a problem plant, and all DV9000 series have now been extended auto warranty. You should call the service center and once you have an operator on the phone, tell him you know the problem (2 short beeps 1 long beep, black screen at startup, defective motherboard) and above are right, you know that the material has a automatic extension of warranty. Then you will pass the technical department, who will arrange an appointment to pick up your computer. Sometimes they mixed up a little brushes on the phone, and they'll swing on things that have nothing to do or they hang up altogether. In this case, remember the number listed above and once you have an operator give them your case number, it greatly accelerates things. Hope that doing this will solve your issue (definitely will take long time).

I have a HP DV 9000ea purchased some months ago, repaired twice under the improvement project of HP (a real scam !!!), crashed again for the 3rd time with the same problem display, HP wanted him back as it really clear that it is a latent defect and especially I think well known by HP. I removed the motherboard about a week ago, I removed the battery and adhesives, I put the card in 3 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C, and I honestly did not believe that safe and well after reassembling the unit, all working again, but hey I'm waiting to see if his wishes or not. I have not called thermal paste, for cons I put the laptop on a stand for proper evacuation of hot air because I think the overheating problem is related to the evacuation ineffective in any case.

You will have to check the temperatures regularly. I would recommend you to Download software Everest, so that you can easily check the temperature and voltages. If you see that temperatures are too high, then you should try to do something to restore air and a bit of freshness to your machine. I think that these things will avoid the failure of the motherboard more frequently.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

You should clean your PC regularly, to avoid failure of mothe​rboard. Air flows through orifices on the back of the computer, sometimes on the sides and front of the box and thanks to many fans (food processor, etc. ...). Very quickly the dust blocks the ventilation and air does not circulate or wrong. Dust can also cause malfunctions in lodging in the different sockets. For cleaning, you need a screwdriver, a rag, a bomb dry air, vacuum and possibly a brush. The bomb dry air, very handy tool, is held in a vertical position during use.

Some series of DV6 DV9 and has basic graphics card GF had problems welding GPUs on the board know me saw that I had saved 3, having sought the tough down I came to the conclusion they could be repaired at the GPU. So, if you think that there is some problem in NVidia then try some another video card with proper power supply and cooling system.