Thread: DV4-2045dx screen issue possibly?

DV4-2045dx screen issue possibly?

Hi I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx recently three months ago and turn it does the audio sometimes and sometimes not, does not operate any programs that use sound hung like itunes and also the web sites as YouTube, to restart the sound comes back. Also now I am observing that my monitor is flickering while starting the Windows. Do you guys think that DV4-2045dx screen issue possibly? I am not having much idea about the screens.!! I restored the system but still the problem persists. So please help me soon as possible.!!

Re: DV4-2045dx screen issue possibly?

Try this, go to Control Panel / System and Security / SYSTEM In the segment looking at the bottom DEVICE MANAGER, you will see a list, find the one that says sound control and video, and games, we'll do double-click and in that list that will appear looking for HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE, the name may vary slightly, look for the most closely, you'll right click and click on the uninstall option. You will get a warning, you say accept, you will have to restart. When you restart, Windows 7 will try to install the audio driver. If the system tells you you have correctly installed sound hardware, OK.

I think that your issues of Audio as well as Video is coming because your system is not having the proper drivers installed of that specific parts. So I would like to suggest you that you should install the latest driver which is available on official site of the HP. I don't think that there is DV4-2045dx screen issue.!! I hope that you can fix this issue just by updating the drivers.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Try the following things for repairing an audio device :
    • Download the IDT says High Definition Audio CODEC.
    • When downloaded, run it, it is easy to install.
    • Once getting installed, restart your system and then you should able to hear the audio properly.

I wonder if HP can contact us to resolve this problem, or at least give us a phone where to call me as this is extremely mortified.

Well the truth is that I follow all this steps and when I'm listening to music or watching a video or audio means having something that is hung on the speaker control and I can not not even watch videos on youtube because this also hangs, truth All this is very annoying, I have installed all the audio drivers, and is the same as what happened in the first case of Steyn, reboot the machine and sounds again but after a while the problem persists again, and that the computer is new is nothing but a couple of weeks.

Well if that can not serve but I did the following and I do not have more failures since the audio (so far). One day I started to surf the web and a subject he had been the same and in the same PC, but I read that he had solved by following these steps :
    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Please click where it says sound.
    3. "Choose the device" earphone speakers and doubles "and double click above.
    4. I see a window in the same hags click where it says advanced.
    5. I get a box that says" allow all applications to have full control of this device ", please click to clear it, which will make both boxes are cleared.

Hi Everyone,

I did all the above things...went to the control panel and device manager...i have both, the High Definition Audio Device and the IDT CODEC updated version...but yet the sound is not coming back...i restarted the machine also twice...

Just one thing...when i tried to do the last step...go to the sound device and change the setting...it didnt respond...got hung...so i dont know what is the problem exactly....my laptop is HP dv4-2045dx windows 7 version....n just 7-8 months old...i really fail to understand what is wrong with the audio...plssss help!!

I too face the similar issue in my system and I am too not able to find the exact issue for the same. I had contact the HP for the same issue. First they had told to update the drives and flash my bios. I did the same and run system restore also. But nothing gave out much help here. I believe this might be some kind of hardware bug.