Thread: HP DV9500 screen problem

HP DV9500 screen problem

Hi everyone,
    I am facing HP DV9500 screen problem. I have bought it some time ago and now the warranty period has been expired. I am totally screwed with this problem. Actually it was working properly two days before. Now I have a big problem with my HP Pavilion PC 9500 screen. For some time, occasionally the screen "jumps" and shows scratches / horizontal stripes and is now a "wave" appears on a black part of the screen then disappear. I am not able to understand why this hell is happening.!!?? So thought that you guys can help me in fixing this issue. Please suggest something so that I can overcome this problem of screen.
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: HP DV9500 screen problem

I was having the similar issue. I listened to music and the latter began to repeat a syllable loop and the screen was black, I moved the mouse it did not happen. I restarted my computer, the screen stayed black, but I heard the music of Vista, and I still managed to go into my session but the screen remains black. Then one of friend told me that there might be some issue with the display card drivers. So I formatted the Windows Vista and then reinstalled it again. And after that I was able to see the pictures clearly on my screen. Hope that reinstalling the operating system would help you too.!!
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

My friend had a similar problem, he watched a movie with the PC put the comforter on his graphics card has overheated. He had the same problem, and even he cannot see anything on the screen. Then after showing that to service center of HP, he was told to change the graphics card and had to spent some money on that. I think that you should also check your card. He was having following specification :
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.67 MHz
    RAM installed: 2046 MB SDRAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GS 8400M
    Battery Technology: Lead Acid
    OS provided: Windows Vista Home Premium

As you mentioned that your screen is jumping that means there should be some hardware issue of your HP DV9500. This usually happens when there is loose connection internally with the screen. There are also rare chances of this happening because of the Virus. So even formatting your HP DV9500 can solve the problem of flickering of your screen.

At present, I am assuming that you see jumping screen at startup. So you need to repair your Vista installation CD to restore the boot sector of your hard drive. To do this, insert your Vista installation CD player / burner and restart your computer. When you arrive on the screen that allows you to install Vista, especially do not choose "Install" but rather choose "Repair your computer". If problem is still persisting then try to do low level format which will erase all data that is on your hard drive including partitions. You'll have a new hard disk as factory outlet. Hope that this helps you.

If you are facing that text is unclear and blurry or stretched then there are possibility that the screen resolution on your computer may be configured in a different resolution setting the maximum resolution of the screen. When the hardware of the applies a scale display image, the edges of the displayed objects can get a little fuzzy as it enlarges or shrinks the entire image to fit the edges of the screen. Change the screen resolution to higher resolution using the steps below :
    • In Windows 7, click Start, click Control Panel, find the area of appearance and personalization, and click Adjust screen resolution.
    • In Windows Vista, click Start, click Control Panel, find the area of appearance and personalization, and click Adjust screen resolution.
    • In Windows XP, click Start, click Settings, then Control Panel. Double-click the Display icon and select the Settings tab.