Thread: Blu Ray not working in DV7-3065dx

Blu Ray not working in DV7-3065dx

Hello friends,
    I have purchased the DV7-3065dx some months back which is having 2.40 GHz AMD Turion Ultra II Dual-Core Mobile Processor M600 with 4 GB RAM. The video graphics is ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M. Now the problem that I am facing is about the Blu Ray. When I am trying to play the Blu Ray Disk using the HP MediaSmart DVD, I get a message stating that "Disc is ready for playing. Press play to start playing". When I am pressing the play button nothing is happening. I have tried to update the HP MediaSmart DVD, but then also it is not working. Please tell me some solution about it.
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: Blu Ray not working in DV7-3065dx

Are you trying to connect your DV7-3065dx to TV.?? If yes, try to change the HDMI cable. Many times the error message "Disc is ready for playing" generates because of the damaged the HDMI. I have noticed that you cannot play a Blu Ray disc on more than one screen at a time. So if you want to play, try to hit the Fn+F4, so that you can toggle to a single display mode. This will work if you are having the HDTV connected via HDMI. I think by doing this you should able to play the Blu Ray disc.

A refurbished machine is a re-manufactured machine is a computer failure in some process of the chain of production and / or any customer returned because something was wrong and the repair hp launches and much less expensive, plus warranty has only 3 months, not six, if you had six months to be a user reliable, since this type of machine, the refurbished course, often have defects in the medium term, provided the year before. Also if you think that there is some issue with your lappy and if it is in Warranty period then you should send it to service center.

I have not checked the Blu Ray in DV7-3065dx, but according to the Product Features of the DV7-3065dx, it has DVD ± RW / CD-RW drive that supports Blu-ray. I think that you should try playing the Blue Ray on another application. Hope that you can play that on VLC or the GOM player. Or try to install some application from the official site of the HP.

Yeah... the product features of DV7-3065dx, says that it has DVD ± RW / CD-RW drive that supports Blu-ray. With read support for next-generation Blu-ray Disc, double-layer support using compatible media. Also supports LightScribe direct-disc labeling using compatible LightScribe media. So even I suggest you to try another applications for playing the Blu-ray.

According to Review of HP Pavilion dv7-3065dx, Blu-ray player and dedicated graphics not normally included at this price; competitive application performance; nice-looking design; touch-sensitive media control keys. So you should able to play the Blue Ray. Try VLC or KLite, otherwise you can also try to play that on Media Classic.