Thread: HP Pavilion dv5-1110em notebook - screen freezes

HP Pavilion dv5-1110em notebook - screen freezes

Hello. I have a HP Pavilion dv5-1110em netbook and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that my screen flashes and some horizontal lines are been displayed on it. The mouse and keyboard also do no respond. I have no idea what could have been the reason? Please do help me out so that I can make the things to work out well for me. Thank you.

Re: HP Pavilion dv5-1110em notebook - screen freezes

There may be a possibility that the motherboard is been getting overheated and due to this it is not able to work out well or screen flashes. Do look out for the same. It may be that the system is been getting overheated and due to which the peripherals are not responding to it. So in order to get it sorted you need to remove the SMPS. Also add thermal paste to the heat sink and remove the dust b using a blow pipe.

The possibility could be that some threat or virus may have attacked the system. It may be that the threat is been causing the issue and you are not able to work for the same. So in order to get the things to work out it is essential that you scan the system using a good tool that may help you to get detected the threat. Hope this will sort the problem.

You need to use Quick heal total security antivirus application that may help you to get the things to work out well. This tool has the tendency to detect the virus and then eliminates it out from the system. So use this application and then look out for the thing. You may get to a better conclusion and thus sort the issue well.

There could be a possibility that the drivers for the devices are not been installed well. Do check out for the same. It may be that you have upgraded the system with Windows 7 operating system and this may have caused the problem. So perform a clean install and ten install the updated drivers for the devices. This may let you to work with them. Hope the things may then work accordingly.

There may be some issue with the monitor. It could be that the video card is not working properly or the cord that is been plugged is not attached properly. So do check out for the thing. You may then get to a better conclusion. So look out for the issue and implement the solution that is been provided. This may sort the thing.