Thread: Dell inspiron 1525 over heats & shuts down?

Dell inspiron 1525 over heats & shuts down?

I have bought a Dell inspiron 1525 before some time and i am facing the problem of an immediate shut down on this laptop. Actually it might be happening because of Overheating i guess. But i think nothing was disturbing the air ventilation. Though it is working now but i think it can cause it again anytime. How to be safe from an overheating of your laptop?

Re: Dell inspiron 1525 over heats & shuts down?

I have faced this problem on my laptop as it was getting much heated after using it just for two hours. I just opened it up and then cleared some dust surrounding my cooling fan and then reinstalled it again. Then i think you should also do the same with your Dell inspiron 1525 and check that it is getting overheated or not.

Your laptop shuts down whenever your laptop gets heated above the normal temperature. It might be happening because of the some loose connection of your fan and the outlet provided for dumping out the heat out of your laptop. You must check that does it lets all the heat going outside of your laptop, Even a small leakage through it can warm your laptop faster.

Suppose your laptop gets shut down at any time and if there is overheating issue behind this then i think there could be the problem of thermal grease between the cpu and heatsink. This thermal grease is a main thing in between the cpu and heatsink which helps to cpu to not get heated faster. You may check it on your laptop.

I think you should use some software which helps you to control the speed of your laptop's fan. I have one software's name which can do this called as speedfan and an user interface is also simple to control the speeds of fan. This is a freeware which you can get easily on an internet. Once you have downloaded this software then you may set your fan speed up to its maximum limit.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

One more thing which can help you to cool down the temperature of your computer system. I recommend you to use Ergonomic Fan Riser which is a desktop stand with a built-in fan with 10 elevated positions. This thing mainly used for the laptops which has their outlet under the laptop. This fan is powered by an usb connection.