Thread: No sound with Creative Audigy SE

No sound with Creative Audigy SE

Hello guys,
    I am facing an issue with the Audigy SE card. I am getting an issues while starting up modem connection,it hung or not connected to the Internet. While doing this the music stutters a lot. So I thought to format my operating system and reinstalled it again. I did that and also upgraded the drivers of the Audigy SE card. Initially it started flawlessly but after sometime, the audio was lost. So please provide some solution for my query "No sound with Creative Audigy SE". Hoping that someone will help me soon.!!

Re: No sound with Creative Audigy SE

I have a setup like an athlon 64 3000 +, Audigy SE, but in a board neo4 f, socket 939 and I have no problem with the Audigy sound right music and effects work without problem, anyway what I have found on the Audigy SE, sound effects makes EAX4.0 through an emulator, osea card does not support natively, may have a problem if the card and modem are sharing the same IRQ as the card is not about changing to another pci slot, also try to test it on another computer, or get another like it and test on your computer.
    install the driver that is in the creative site or cd that come with the card.

I think the problem is more one of the IRQ's. There must be ways of combining the modem and that card. try to change the IRQ from Windows XP or any operating system that you use. You can do that by going to SETUP of the BIOS if the option is enabled APIC but do not touch it because it should only be used when installing Windows XP. That option should only be set right before you install Windows XP, if the activity as certain is that windows will not start until you set up as before. It is something a little longer Wait I try to find a good article that elaborates on the APIC, but it was active or not? and I think you must have both ACPI and APIC enabled in the BIOS SETUP, but get yourself a guide to make a proper BIOS SETUP to obtain the highest performance in Windows XP.

I am too using the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE and I have not faced any issues with it. Maybe you should try to use audio by removing the modem which may causing the issue. But I liked this card very much. The Sound Blaster Audigy SE is an excellent Upgrade to 7.1 surround sound on PC. With its distinctive high-quality audio, including recording and playback at 24 bit 96 kHz with a SNR of 100 dB and a digital output, it is the ideal partner for surround music and watching films.

The following are some Technical Details, which may help you in fixing an issue :
    • Product Description: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE - sound card
    • Device Type: Sound card
    • Enclosure Type: Plug-in card
    • Interface Type: PCI
    • Signal Processor: Creative Audigy SE
    • Sound Output Mode: 7.1 channel surround
    • System requirements: Microsoft Windows XP SP1, Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and latest.
    • DAC Data Width: 24 bits
    • Sample Rate: 8 kHz (min.) - 96 kHz (max)

Indeed, the performance of this card is limited by both its compatibility with Windows 7 approximately 64 bits, and a driver calamitous. The result is that the Creative software is unusable on the pretext that the sound card "not detected", even if Windows him, normally the cue and its drivers are up to date. So, no access to the equalizer and other settings that would take full advantage of the performance of this sound card. It also happens that its detection by some other software is irrelevant since it sets the map in 24-bit mode, as is the case with Roxio Sound Recorder or Recorder for Windows.