Thread: MacBook Air and Harmony Remote

MacBook Air and Harmony Remote

Hi,
    I have a Harmony 900 remote which I want to use it on my MacBook Air. I need some information on the settings and the feature of this remote. Does this remote works on MacBook Air. If yes then how. I want to configure this same on usb support. I had tried some basic settings but there is no indications that this will work on Snow Leopard. what should I do here.

Re: MacBook Air and Harmony Remote

The Logitech Harmony 785 can control your entire entertainment system (15 units) of a single button. To use this remote you will need to get the Logitech Harmony Remote software from the official site and install the same on your MAC system. I had seen this tool for Windows, but not sure that this might be available for MAC systems also. Just checkout once.

The Harmon remote offers you to watch TV, DVD, etc on one click. On the color screen and your Harmony remote will provide proper commands by which you can juggle on more than one remotes. Configuration is done via the Internet and online database contains all information of 4,000 manufacturers and over 140,000 patterns. Try the official site once for more configuration details.

The remote comes with a charger, battery, charging cradle, USB cable, owner's manual and drivers. The configuration settings of this remote is quiet easy. First installed the software and then you have to create your login information. After that you can Test connection between the remote and your computer and you will able to communicate information about your system.

It is necessary that you must update your remote with your personal configuration to make it work. For this you will need to provide introduction of your personal information and your level of knowledge in the hardware configuration in order to better tailor the phases of configuration to your level. Then just checking the USB connection between your computer and the remote.

Since almost all the Mac has an IR port, the remote can also control Front Row in the same way as the Apple Remote. In version 5.3.2.1, the Harmony Remote software is finally compatible with Macs equipped with an Intel processor, it is available here . For the remote to properly control your Mac, it must initially add your computer on the list of devices to control.